5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i can't wait to see the civil suit

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OC, i disagree with a lot of things you have to say, but i knew we would see eye to eye on this one lol. your probably the only one that will be with me on it as well...

im not saying its right either, maybe they did step over the line but no one knows for sure, this is a whole he said she said situation unless you were there and witnessed it with your own eyes.

think/say what you want about me, but i didnt say "haha good hes black!" all i said was that its all over the news because its white on black violence. like OC said, we live in a racially biased society, and i think its bullshit. the black community always crys out for equality and s**t, well if you want equality stop demanding all this special treatment and stop pulling the race card every f**kin day. youve got BET and black history month, what the f**k would happen if there was white entertainment television or a white history month? all hell would break loose. that really grinds my gears.

/rant

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
every other channel on there is white entertainment television... as for white history month, that's july plus constitution week.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
every other channel on there is white entertainment television... as for white history month, that's july plus constitution week.
find me a channel thats titled White Entertainment Television. and as far as "white history month" goes, IIRC there was black soldiers that fought in the revolutionary war, so that celebration is for them too, seeing that they helped free this country.

im not trying to start s**t with you, just ranting about the situation a little bit. no smartassness intended =)

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am NOT saying the cops were right for doing this.. i can't imagine ANY situation that warranted that.. BUT with that said..

i agree with you %100.. we live in a racially bias society.. that is one that is bias against whites.. in the world i live in it is TOTALLY acceptable for a hispanic supreme court judge to belong to a racial based organization, and to make negative comments about the ability of her peers who happen to be white, but if the situation was reversed, there would be hell to pay.. I live in a society where it is TOTALLY acceptable to wear clothing promoting "non-white" races but the second anyone indicates the SLIGHTEST amount of pride in the "white race" you are entered into an FBI hate crimes data base.. FURTHER.. the list of VIOLENT black on white crime is ENDLESS....VIOLENT VIOLENT crimes.. where white people (especially women) have been brutalized, and the news barely bats an eye.. the races of the people are RARELY reported.. think about the last time you heard "a black man car jacked and raped a white women today".. the stories are told but the element of race is left out.. but the SECOND two WHITE cops step over the line all hell breaks loose... some guy gets tazered and there is this huge public out cry..

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/onnnews/stories/2009/09/18/postman_dies.html?sid=102
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/illinoisnews/story/1586F1C3B8DACF3786257635006BC3A8?OpenDocument
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=69724&catid=37
http://www.examiner.com/x-17257-Cincinnati-Crime-Examiner~y2009m8d4-Serial-killer-wants-confession-thrown-out
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/new_orleans_man_pleads_guilty_2.html

and so on.. so pardon me if i dont cry a river.. the reality is SURE those cops were likely excessive in what they did.. but im almost %100 positive that he didnt sit there politely complying with the officers orders.. just because someone has no legs does not mean they do not have a weapon.. and that does not mean they deserve any "special" treatment..

the whole "you are a white evil monster" game is REALLY starting to wear thin.. i mean even look at the Obama bullshit.. god forbid you be white and disagree.. you will INSTANTLY be labeled a racist.. Whites are BRUTALIZED on a daily basis at the hands of non-whites... but this simple FACT is ignored..
we cannot dismiss ridiculous acts of injustice from those sworn to protect it because of what other people or the media are doing. plain and simple....statistically.....police (as much respect as I have for them) convict minorities on a much higher scale than whites. now yes, i understand that also minorities commit more crimes in certain areas...however, the punishment or handling thereof is frequently harsher for non-whites even when the same crime has been perpetrated.

regardless of race or anything else. there is no one that can tell me these cops acted according to their responsibilities and look me in the face while doing so. they are sworn to protect and serve. this is clearly not it, they should be tried of a crime just as anyone else would. i am thinking assault and battery.

your statement in bold: you base your comment on what? clearly not any quantifiable facts.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we cannot dismiss ridiculous acts of injustice from those sworn to protect it because of what other people or the media are doing. plain and simple....
I agree... COMPLETELY.. BUT we HAVE to acknowledge that the job they have elected to do is hard.. and that this job comes with risks... these cops.. they have familys that they go home to every night.. children waiting up to see them for just a second before going to sleep.. and because of that we have to understand that while the safety of the innocent is paramount... the safety of officers enforcing the law is equally important.. these are the men and women who look for your car when its stolen, these are the men and women who are first on the scene when shots are fired... so the job they have is somewhat intense.. so when a cop feels its just to use NON LETHAL FORCE... mace, taser, etc.. we have to fully inspect the situation before casting judgment... again in THIS situation they could very well be wrong... i was not there.. you were not there..

statistically.....police (as much respect as I have for them) convict minorities on a much higher scale than whites. now yes, i understand that also minorities commit more crimes in certain areas...however, the punishment or handling thereof is frequently harsher for non-whites even when the same crime has been perpetrated.
cops do not convict people.. cops arrest people who commit crimes.. people are convicted by a judge or a jury.. as far as arresting more minorities? well you said it yourself minorities COMMIT MORE CRIME.. so of course they are going to be arrested more.. that is a logical conclusion.. now as far as being treated differently than non-whites? you are almost right.. i do NOT agree that the sentence is automatically harsher for being a minority.. and your statement is one that can really not be validated.. the reason is because you are unlikely to find two people convicted of the same thing in the same area by the same jury who happen to be one black and one white who received different sentences.. but what i will say is this.. i have been in MANY fights.. and have seen MANY fights.. i have been in fights with non-whites who have made racial comments before, during, and after the fight.. and were treated the same as me.. we were both simply charged as "fighting" regardless of the s**t they talked.. but i had a friend dave who got in a fight on the board walk near where i grew up.. and they exchanged some choice words, and the police attempted to charge him with "hate and bias crimes" because of the words he chose... i have never in my life seen a non-white convicted of a hate and bias crime.. its like a category that has been solely created to persecute white people.. and its complete bullshit..

regardless of race or anything else. there is no one that can tell me these cops acted according to their responsibilities and look me in the face while doing so. they are sworn to protect and serve. this is clearly not it, they should be tried of a crime just as anyone else would. i am thinking assault and battery.
if you were in a wheel chair.. and i was a cop.. and i told you to do something "get your hands up" for example.. and you reached somewhere other than straight up in the air.. you would be getting tazered... the reason is this.. i dont know wtf you are reaching for.. and a stun from a tazer.. after it you are still alive.. you are reaching for an unknown variable, that might cause me to go home in a body bag.. so.. instead of hoping you don't have a gun... i would use the tazer to neutralize you, it is NON-LETHAL force...

your statement in bold: you base your comment on what? clearly not any quantifiable facts.
we were not there.. and therefor do not know... like i said i maybe he did nothing.. maybe the cop did abuse his power.. we won't ever really know...BUT MAYBE.. maybe the guy in the chair DID do something to provoke it.. you really just dont know..

lastly.. the problem is this.. non-whites commits crime on whites ALL f**king DAY LONG.. rape.. murder.. battery, and so on..RARELY if EVER is race discussed.. but the SECOND ANYONE WHITE does ANYTHING to a non-white.. they are a racist, and guilty of a hate crime.. and THAT is the part that is bullshit..

do away with all this hate crime bullshit.. motive is irrelevant.... if i beat you up because i dont like what you say, or because you look different than me, or just because im being drunk and acting stupid.. its STILL assault... the reason that set me off is not really relevant..

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow cops were morons for thinking this would go unnoticed.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's bullshit is everyone on here making this into a race issue, it's a police brutality issue /argument. If the police beat the s**t out of any legless person (black/white/blue/yellow/brown) w/o justified cause it would be on the news argue this all you want. What about the other thread where that group of black kids beat the s**t out of that white family? That made the news.........

You guys bring up race WAY too often frankly i'm tired of hearing it, make a racist argument section and have a hay day there, don't bring it up every chance you get everywhere else..............

/rant

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What's bullshit is everyone on here making this into a race issue, it's a police brutality issue /argument. If the police beat the s**t out of any legless person (black/white/blue/yellow/brown) w/o justified cause it would be on the news argue this all you want. What about the other thread where that group of black kids beat the s**t out of that white family? That made the news.........

You guys bring up race WAY too often frankly i'm tired of hearing it, make a racist argument section and have a hay day there, don't bring it up every chance you get everywhere else..............

/rant
Didn't you get the memo everything is racist that involves more than one race. I'm sure you have a friend of a different race. That's racist (sarcasm intended for anyone that is to stupid to get it). Racism will always be around because of the fringe group of people that decide everything is racist and the media that pushes racism to sell stories.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's bullshit is everyone on here making this into a race issue, it's a police brutality issue /argument. If the police beat the s**t out of any legless person (black/white/blue/yellow/brown) w/o justified cause it would be on the news argue this all you want.
the use of department approved NON-LETHAL force is NOTHING like beating the s**t out of someone..

What about the other thread where that group of black kids beat the s**t out of that white family? That made the news.........
it BARELY made the news..
and it is a PERFECT example of the hypocrisy that exists in todays america...

who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as
Akron police say they aren't ready to call it a hate crime
http://www.ohio.com/news/50172282.html

if i rounded up a bunch of white friends.. and went and stomped the s**t out of a black family screaming about it being a white world..
it would be on EVERY news station
i would be charged with hate crimes
the fbi would likely be involved
and the public outcry would be HUGE

there is an INSANE double standard against whites in america.. we will stop talking about it when it goes away,,, until then i will continue to talk about it..

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Until people can stop bring up the issue of race...there is going to be racism and backlash racism. People rant about racism, then other rant about the people who rant about racism. the fact that we're talking about it still suggest that racism is still highly prevalent.

They police seemed a little excessive (and it doesn't seem like racism to me at all) since the guy was frail looking and a freaking double amputee. They could've just wheeled him around (not like he was oging to walk away). They could've cuffed him to his wheel chair.

At the same time, he was being ajerk and not complying with the law - and he was wanted for d omestic violence. if we could know how resistant he was, then maybe the amount of force they used was totally necessary.

So really, we don't have enough information to make a truly informed opinion. We had to be there for the whole thing. I want to trust that the cops used the correct amount of force, but we'll never know. The media only shows what will get a reaction from people.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Until people can stop bring up the issue of race...there is going to be racism and backlash racism. People rant about racism, then other rant about the people who rant about racism. the fact that we're talking about it still suggest that racism is still highly prevalent.
racism in the sense that people may choose to assume certain things based on race.. and or choose to associate with certain people based on race is not necessarily a bad thing.. it is simply a personal choice... ACTING in a negative way to OTHERS based on race IS a problem... but so is acting negatively even without race being a factor..

"if i beat you up because im drunk and being an a*****e" OR "if i beat you up because you are not white" is really the EXACT same thing.. i violated you and deserve to be punished.. making one more severe is stupid... the end result is the same...

U
They police seemed a little excessive (and it doesn't seem like racism to me at all) since the guy was frail looking and a freaking double amputee. They could've just wheeled him around (not like he was oging to walk away). They could've cuffed him to his wheel chair.

At the same time, he was being ajerk and not complying with the law - and he was wanted for d omestic violence. if we could know how resistant he was, then maybe the amount of force they used was totally necessary.

So really, we don't have enough information to make a truly informed opinion. We had to be there for the whole thing. I want to trust that the cops used the correct amount of force, but we'll never know. The media only shows what will get a reaction from people.
this is exactly how i feel.. we were NOT there.. its easy to sit here safe.. behind our computers.. and say should have done this.. should have done that.... but these are split second decisions made... and when you don't know if a suspect has a weapon or not.. and they will not comply... sometimes you have to error on the side of caution..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's a whole other argument
where is that statistic from? does it include use in violent crime? or JUST police work.. id be interested in seeing the details there...

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where is that statistic from? does it include use in violent crime? or JUST police work.. id be interested in seeing the details there...
just a quick wiki search but the numbers aren't the point the point it it can be lethal, tasers to me are just a form of less lethal force and shouldn't be used unless absolutely necessary.

you can just google taser deaths and find a number of sources I'm sure some are biased to their cause but you can't deny people die unexpectedly from being tasered.

Taser Abuse in the United States

Since June 2001, more than 351 individuals in the United States have died after being shocked by police Tasers. Most of those individuals were not carrying a weapon. Amnesty International is concerned that Tasers are being used as tools of routine force -- rather than as an alternative to firearms.

Medical studies so far on the effects of Tasers have either been limited in scope or unduly influenced by the weapons' primary manufacturer. No study has adequately examined the impact of Tasers on potentially at-risk individuals -- people who have medical conditions, take prescription medications, are mentally ill or are under the influence of narcotics. Rigorous, independent, impartial study of their use and effects is urgently needed to determine what role Tasers may have played in the 351 deaths and to determine appropriate guidelines for future Taser use.

Given the unresolved safety concerns, Amnesty International recommends that police departments either suspend the use of Tasers and stun guns pending further safety research or limit their use to situations where officers would otherwise be justified in resorting to firearms.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/us-human-rights/taser-abuse/page.do?id=1021202

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I swear......everything here is not a race issue.

96swpek there will never be a "White Entertainment Television" because that's what television was. Besides, BET is a joke and is run by white people.

OC, I understand your point, but white people will constantly get that heat because of the inequalities that still exist towards certain people and they will be presented to the world as the representative of whatever "race" they are. That is how the news works. I know it, you know it, and you feel it is unjust. So do I, but everything is not a race issue. Sometimes I wish stories like this wouldn't get reported because you as well as I know that this s**t happens to white, by white people, as well but it won't make news because it isn't as juicy.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I swear......everything here is not a race issue.

96swpek there will never be a "White Entertainment Television" because that's what television was. Besides, BET is a joke and is run by white people.

OC, I understand your point, but white people will constantly get that heat because of the inequalities that still exist towards certain people and they will be presented to the world as the representative of whatever "race" they are. That is how the news works. I know it, you know it, and you feel it is unjust. So do I, but everything is not a race issue. Sometimes I wish stories like this wouldn't get reported because you as well as I know that this s**t happens to white, by white people, as well but it won't make news because it isn't as juicy.
inequality my ass...

if a black guy and his friends beat me up.. that is a "fight"
if my friends and i beat up a black guy.. that is a hate and bias crime

if i want help with school through special "funding"... im looking for a hand out..
if a non-white student needs help... thats normal due to the unfair nature of our society

if a white person robs someone... he is a degenerate criminal
if a black person does the same.. he is reaching out for help with his life struggle

if i rack up a stack of hospital bills.. i WILL pay EVERY cent..
if an ILLEGAL BORDER JUMPER does the same.. he will not pay a DIME

when a black politician disagrees with a white one.. he is standing up for the little people..
when the roles are reversed... the white politician is noted as a racist..

the list goes on and on and on... whites are CONSTANTLY mistreated.. be it government imposed hiring quotas.. or unfair media bias.. we are the bottom of the barrel in EVERY way... constantly given the shaft.. constantly made to feel sorry for being white... i mean for f**ks sake... i was watching the news last night.. and someone spray painted a swastika and they were interviewing people in the neighborhood.. and ALL of the white people were like RIDICULOUS in the reactions they gave.. the made such a HUGE point to denounce it.. like no s**t.. spraying painting s**t IS wrong.. end of story.. the message is irrelevant.. but they ALL had some lengthy "oh we dont raise our children in that way" yeah no s**t.. i dont thinks that you raise a bunch of militant skins who are running around terrorizing the area vandalizing property and killing people.. :roll: but the fact that you have to be SO over the top about defending yourself is f**king ridiculous..

there is only ONE way to end racism.. and ONLY one..

repeal EVERY law based on race... quotas.. hate crimes.. all that BULLSHIT.. because ALL that does is further segregate people..

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i agree with repealing that. crime is crime, regardless of race.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont get everyones argument on here how this isnt race related.

the word "black" is in the title of the article for f**ks sake!