as promised.. pics of my ride :)

Synyster024

So i went out to the parents place a dug my civic out of the snow.

this is how i found it.. i walked back there and was like. "wait.. what? where did it go? oohhhhhh there it is.." lol

there was a huge chink of iced up snow on the hood/windshield/roof. took me close to half an hour to chip it all off. I ended up breaking my snow brush because of it..

and after about an hour total of snow moving/clearing i finally found the whole car =)

This is what was done as far as side trim deletion goes before i got my hands on it.. this will be one of the first things that I'm going to complete on the car

And the passenger side hasn't been touched yet..

And heres a shot of the back end. it does already have a lip on the rear aswell as the front and side skirts. Do the Ex models come with these lips? or only the Si models? the registration says Si but i did a Vin check and it said Ex.. so I'm unsure at this point.

First look at the interior.. looks very clean if you ask me..

and the driver side door panel. the passenger side door panel is in great shape too

This the ONLY visual thing that is wrong with the interior that i saw

but then again i have a leak somewhere.. i think it may just be that there is no side trim on the drivers side because there is no ice anywhere else in the vehicle but there is a **** load of condensation all frozen on the windows.

But on a brighter note these are the speakers i have in the rear deck. Infinity something or others.. lol

And now the first look into the engine bay. I had to jimmy the cable from the inside. it wasn't hooked into the part that allows the lever to pull the cable.

There has been something or other retrofitted. but only god knows what it is.. asked my brother about it and he said it's probably the A/C refrigerant. from R12 refrigerant to R134a refrigerant.

And now inside the trunk. it looks alot better in there than i remember it looking.. sorry for the multiples.. couldn't get a wide shot to get it all..

and body filler got left in here for me to finish the side trim deletion =) now lets just hope the cold didn't ruin it =)

And inside the spare donut.. errmmm.. tire well.. is all the other stuff for me to finish the body work =) power sander, spare sand paper, paint and primer, and not one but two!! pioneer stereos (possibly fried).

Anyways.. For free I'd say its in pretty damn good shape =) For now i still don't know a whole heck of a lot about the car but as it stands its gonna be one fun project for me =) although its going to be a long drawn process. I've got a baby boy due in July and all of my time and money cannot go to the car. hell i'm already living pay cheque to pay cheque with my job. sucks ass -.-

Well guys what do you all think of my ride :D

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good luck with your build dude. Do not fill in the door strip. I repeat, do not fill in the door strip! s**t looks ugly and if you want it to look good (which it almost never does) it is very, very hard to do.

Other then that looks pretty good, lovin' the snow!

Synyster024

well since the door strip has already been started to be filled in by the last guy who owned this car i kind of feel obliged to finish it.. no use in trying to undo what has already been done.. i've seen a few civics around town here that look pretty sweet with the door strip deleted..

but on another note.. can anyone tell if my motor has v-tec or not from the picture that is up? i completely forgot to look when i was digging it out of the snow.. lol muh baadd..

emerican

Registered VIP
I cant tell from that picture, but if it is indeed an ex then it is. Just look for the selonoid or post closer picture cause i dont want to say without being 100 percent sure.

Garrywang

The sticker that says retrofitted means that they changed the referigerent so it runs off of R154 instead of R12, the only thing this has to do with is your AC.

Synyster024

overall plans for it?
right now my plans for it are to get the body work done and git it moving again.. i believe it just needs a clutch.. it runs pretty good and when i move the shifter around i can feel it grabbing gears. but its like the clutch won't engage and allow the car to move..

after that I'm torn between getting a B16 motor and building that over time or just building this D16. it is after all my very first engine build. If i keep the D16 I'd like to get around 200Hp out of it.

as far as the interior goes.. its going to be getting a wicked ass sound system. I'm thinking a set of 3-ways up front, 2-ways in the back, and a good 10" sub. I'm more about the SQ than the SPL.. and i want to wrap the headliner in some kind of suede or imitation suede to match the fabric on the door panels. All in all I'd like to keep it looking fairly stock. I like the look of it now.

And for the Exterior. I would also like to keep that looking fairly stock. probably going to lower it a bit and get some JDM goodies :D and probably a CF hood.. It is going to need a paint job eventually so I'm thinking a darker color. like a gunmetal or a deep, dark red/black pearl.

Of course none of this is going to happen very soon. Other than the body work and the clutch it is all going to be a very drawn out process.

Any thoughts on what i should do with the engine?

emerican

Registered VIP
I have the d16y8 and since its a high milage engine and my dd its only getting bolt ons and eventually cam cam gear and tune, but that isnt going to net very much hp on a d series the only way to make real hp is to boost it or juice it. Boost in more commenly used and you can make 200 easy with the right set up, but you are also looking at a pretty high price tag to do it right and boost it and have it be reliable and put together right.

Synyster024

ahh alrighty so around 200Hp with a d16 is asking a lot of that engine then eh? i suppose i could settle for less.. lol sorry i'm new to the civic modding scene. i used to have a 2002 civic ex sedan 5-spd =) i never did anything to it though. but it was still fun as hell to drive.. lol almost killed myself a few times.. lol this was also back when i was 16 and a f**king retard behind the wheel.. heh

for sure i wanna get headers, exhaust, and either a CAI or a SRI.

oh and I'm torn between the JDM headlights or some nice projectors. and i'd like to get some tail lights for it too =) anything but altezza's really.. lol

Synyster024

Does the vin on registration match the VIN on the car?
hah funny you ask.. this is also something i forgot to check when i was digging it out of the snow -.- lol
i'm gonna end up going out to the parents house again this weekend to check it out.. i'll also see if it has the VTEC solenoid.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that looks like it has vtec, i thought that the engines w/o vtec had the spark plugs in the back. looks like a good base for a project, good luck with the build.

Synyster024

Wow where they heck do you live where you still have that much snow?? lol Canada?
ROFL!!!! yeap.. i live in CANADA!! nothern alberta to be exact. a little town called Grande Prairie.. abour 60,000 people live here.. and guess what.. its still snowing strong here!! lol

emerican

Registered VIP
lol damn man i couldnt deal with that much snow all the time i live in GA if an inch sticks on the ground they close down schools lol.

Synyster024

lol up here its gotta be -40 celsius to close down schools.. got to -35 this year and kids still had to go.. lol suckers!!!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Car looks great, clean, untouched for the most part.

Yea dude, please DO NOT shave the moldings, they look RETARDED when they are gone.. Usually I agree, moldings are gay on a lot of cars. But Civic's it looks f**king RETARDED!

FIrst of all if the guy just used body filler, it WILL crack and fall out eventually and rust and turn into a pile of s**t....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not fill it it in, it will NEVER look cool and you WILL regret it