ATTN: Anybody with an Apexi World Sport

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
Hi, i just installed my world sport yesterday and when i was putting it on i noticed that it pretty much hangs like s**t lol, so i was wondering if anybody here has the same probelm with theirs, and if you do how did you fix it???

Help is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had the same problem, never did anything about it.

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
tru...yea i'm in VA for school and the roads here suck so i'm real paranoid about it just scraping and like breaking or somethings else strange happening so i'm trying to get this taken care of

BUMP

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
elaborate "hangs like s**t".. does it hang too low? does it vibrate against something?

your answer would probably be new hangers.. they come in different lengths/sizes

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah i just put mine on last week...it does hang pretty damn low, but i havent scraped it yet. i dont really know what to do cause i dont feel like getting the piping all hacked up so ill probably just leave it like that...

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I read a good trick,

Buy a metal coupler, like one you'd use to tighten your intake hose but smaller, you should find one that fits around the rubber hanger, then just tighten the screw and you can re-position your exhaust by playing around w/it.

I've never tried it but seems like a good fix.

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
yea so far i just scraped on a speed bump but with these rodes everyday i leave my house with a prayer lol

AllanR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you have any pictures? I'm curious about how low we're talking about here...

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
nah not yet ill try and get some later i'm pretty busy with school right now (semester comin to a close fast lol)

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you act like taking pics is a secret mission or something...

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
its not i just dont get back home till dark most days so i figure i'll wind up with crappy pics + i just want to go in the house lol

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just imagine a metal coupler over the rubber hanger bushing vertically :???:

96civicrunner

5+ Year Member
My WS hangs in the mid section... and a little on my resonator... I beleive it does that because of the way the 96-00 civic mid section rubber holder is designed.

Unlike the 92-95 where they have TWO rubber holders to hold the midsection, we only have one :( awsome isnt it? lol

But yeah just coathanger it :D