August Burns Red's new album Constellations comes out tomorrow!

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have had the new abr cd for a while. it leaked quite a bit ago from what i understand.

I live in reading pa, about half an hour from where they're from so they kinda fall under "the local scene" for me. idk, they're decent. I like they're messages but i'm not a huuuuggge fan of delivery. i'm getting sick of the melodic hardcore/metalcore scene. give me some throwdown, stick to your guns, have heart, maybe sinking ships anyday over that trendy tdwp bs. i'm so over all of the melodic band who cry the same songs over and over and over again.

i think that everytime i die's "no son of mine" kinda spells it out well...not the "facade" message but the real message that all of the bands that claim influence from older hc bands like etid don't really compare. i miss lyrical creativity like that.

...and ps, misery signals was good times. i miss when the scene was anything other than little kids running around in dayglow shirts with goofy animals drawn on them. i wish when s**t was real.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think ABR is pretty good but didnt know they were releasing a new album. i will have to check it out. Someone said that the longer bands are around the more trendy/pop like there stuff becomes is true. killswitch engage( although my favorite band) has really stopped playing like there original stuff. sadface...

brittanyx92

wants a better civic =/
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Band like the ones you listed are probably why you don't like metalcore....they suck. Atreyu pussied out after Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses, Bullet for My Valentine are like pop. music, Avenged Sevenfold just sucks ass, and Killswitch Engage is like radio music.
i have to agree with you there. and none of those bands are metalcore. not to me anyways. I liked BFMV for like 2 weeks and grew out of them. A7x only let out one good cd....Waking the Fallen. Killswitch is awesome, but their newer s**t has gone downhill. I'm surprised no one mentioned Disturbed :lol: they suck anyways.
i'm into stuff that isn't quite mainstream. i'll be growing out of ABR soon, i'm sure. they have yet to put out anything different. i love oh, sleeper, norma jean [even though they're mainstream now], inhale exhale, becoming the archetype, destroy the runner, etc. but i definitely love older s**t like korn, marilyn manson, adema, as i lay dying, blah blah blah.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm surprised no one mentioned Disturbed :lol:
thats because disturbed isn't classified as metalcore, nor is korn or a few of the other bands you listed. They got their own new classification as nu metal. And yes, disturbed put a shitty new album but doing back to albums like believe and the sickness, when touring, disturbed is f**king fantastic.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not sure if it fits but I liked Papa Roach's new style since they switched to more rock/metal. I know they aren't metalcore... but better then their numetal selves.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
papa roach isnt bad, i kinda still like them -shrug

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not sure if it fits but I liked Papa Roach's new style since they switched to more rock/metal. I know they aren't metalcore... but better then their numetal selves.
Papa roach has never been a favorite of mine but to say the least they are a fantastic live show and well worth it to go see.

brittanyx92

wants a better civic =/
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was up late yesterday and was watching music videos and a new song by papa roach came on. it wasn't bad. so did anyone go out and get constellations?

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gotta say it, I hate Papa Roach. Ever since scarred, Jacobi is just a faggot.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why cause he hosted a show?, its not like he hoseted a show about rainbows and kittens, it was about people getting completely f'd up.

brittanyx92

wants a better civic =/
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i liked it too. i kinda wish they'd make another season. i still watch the reruns. jacoby is starting to get kinda old though. but i'm headed to NC to visit my mom today after my job interview. she bought me the new ABR cd so i have something to listen to on the 2 1/2 hour drive home =]

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So Bane and the nine other bands that were supposed to play canceled. s**t is lame.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bane is still around? When I first stuck my penis in a vagina I thought it was amazing.

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bane is very much around, thanks for the props jimmy. Everything was supposed to be good but then i checked their myspace and the show was gone. My friend called headliners, cancelled. :[ Hardcore is where it's at.