Auto power windows on 99-00 EK4?

KleinMein

Hello guys!
Is there any way to convert my power windows, to auto power? I mean to open or close them with one touch? Besides, that I will need different door switches with more than one positions.
Any help appreciated...
thanks

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Seems like a completely custom job. As far as I know, not really, but it's possible. You can try swapping some switches from another car. I'm not sure if any of the new Honda's have it, but I know my mother's 2010 Ford Explorer has it. The way that switch is set up is with a light press either up or down to adjust the window manually or fully pressed down, or pulled up to do it automatically. (You can tell with the feel of the button.)

KleinMein

thanks for your answer Spyro. Yes it's complete custom job...From what I saw on the manual service, the driver's side window motor has a 3 pin wire plug, as the passengers side, has a 2 pin plug...The third wire on the drivers side, must be to control (stop) the motor going down automatically.
I thought to buy one more used complete window switch, and mound the drivers switch into my passengers one. The drivers switch has a control unit from behind to do the job. But it seems that I have to do the same swap with the window motor, from the passenger side, so that it can be controlled, and extra wire it.
But all this work to automatically stop when goin down....I dont know how I can make it to go up with one touch. I dont know if any honda model has full automatic control of the windows...I doubt