auto to 5speed stick conversion...

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
i got an ef hatch yesterday in really good condition...the bad is...auto =( i got it for 300 so thats why i couldnt resist...i have my other 1990 civic hb STD(4speed) so im thinking instead of taking mines apart and taking the 4 speed tranny getting an actual 5 speed tranny and doing the conversion on my new ef... now these are the things i need please somebody correct me if im wrong and let me know what im missing...if theres anybody thats done this conversion before please pm me asap...

5speed tranny(duh)
tranny ecu
harnesses
pedal
pedal assembly
hole in chasis for pedal

anything else? help will be REALLY APPRECIATED please reply if you know if not then dont... thanks

TheEf2kid

5+ Year Member
i dont get it you work on the automatic car or the stickshift car? clear it up.

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
i bought an auto ef hatch which ill be converting to stickk...thats what im working on...

AND besides that i got a 4speed STD hatch

kwell

5+ Year Member
you do not need the ecu i run a lx ecu in my dx (w/ multipoint) all it does is throw code 19 all the time runs fine

haftahonda

5+ Year Member
there is no seperate tranny ecu. if your car was a stick, and you change it to auto, then you will need the ecu that supports auto trans. but switching an auto to a stick requires no ecu change. let us know how hard that is, ive gotta buddy with an auto and we were thinking of the swap

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
idkk man im still not even sure i needa sell my std for budget money in this project im doing alot of research to see if its really worth it...im thinking of everything im gona need before starting anything...thats why any help will be really appreciated

btww pic coming soon

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
heres some pics of my actual std(gold) and my new dx auto(red) i dont wanna gut out the std for part for the conversion cause its in good condition overall im just gona sell it for a buck and then start from there here are some pics...

loose bumper and bumperfillerLESS

yellowbone12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i did a convertion on a Dc teg.. its really easy so dont over think it. your going to also need the 5speed mount for the trans, 5speed axles, shiftlinkage, and centerconsole.. the hard part for me was wiring up the reverse light

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
i did a convertion on a Dc teg.. its really easy so dont over think it. your going to also need the 5speed mount for the trans, 5speed axles, shiftlinkage, and centerconsole.. the hard part for me was wiring up the reverse light
yeah i heard i needa get all the mounts for the tranny and s**t...

what was the total amount it took you to do the whole conversion...just tryng to see if i can still keep my gold STD :D