Auto to Manual Problem

irawkian_EK9

ok so I finished installing everything into my 2000 Hatch..Converted to manual... One Problem... when I turn the key... the car jerks forward...the gear gauge D4 is Blinking but [N] is Red... please help

Trekk

Registered VIP
IDK for sure, but if it jerks forward as you crank it, I'd guess your clutch isn't disengauging all the way. Did you bleed it?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like it's in gear. Make sure it's in neutral obv, and if not, then most likely it's in gear. Make sure the linkage is connected properly.

Also did you change to a manual ECU? If you keep the same ECU it's going to flash D and what not; it did it with mine until I got a 5 speed ECU.

irawkian_EK9

ok i had to replace the cylinder piece thats with the fork.... i started bleeding it... the clutch didnt stiff up much and its still jerkin forward.... if a AUTO ECU is in there still will it make it do that? shouldnt considering the 5 speed tranny is in and not a Automatic.... (SPECS: D15B - 95 EX 5Speed Transmission - 2000 P2E Auto ECU - 97 Civic Shift Linkage ) Any suggestions or something... Warranty is up soon on Tranny need to know... Thank You!

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
A ecu wont keep it in gear its mechanical/pressure. Something is not releasing it fully. Bleed it a few times more it takes more than once or twice!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

irawkian_EK9

Bled it like 20 times... Still not completely stiff...:( warranty on tranny is up on the 12th so I have to figure somethin out or im screwed! CLUBCIVIC! Your Member is in need of guidance!

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Somethin aint right clutch is in right. Might have a bad master or slave cylinder

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Ask it.... Its either in the hydraulics. Or mechanical inside u would have to tear into it and check for anything broken or out of place

irawkian_EK9

Others are tellin me: Too Much Pressure on Clutch could cause it to Stick or I just need a new clutch... When I put it in reverse just now it didnt jerk or crank... Confused...

Travieso013

i own a civic and im gay
5+ Year Member
i did the 5sp swao to my 00 civic ex i put in the 5sp ecu and it fixed flashing lights but now it idles to low were it will shut off until it worms up but then still idle to low i replace the iac but still does the same i have a skunk 2 intake mannifold anybody have any clue what it could b?