auto to manual swap?

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you guys think its worth it to do the swap from auto to manual?
i've had the idea in my head to sell my car and get another thats 5 speed but i've put so much time and money into this one.

mods please feel free to move this to the correct section if its not already

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, do it...i switched from driving a 94 accord ex auto to my 00 si manual and DAAAAAMn..what a difference so much control and i must say very useful and fun for spirited driving.... do the swap, dont go buy anotehr vehicle.... u don't know how it was maintained,serviced, etc. stick with yours. u know how it runs, no surprises, voila

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do it! we did it to my car and it was worth every penny!

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
+1. Do it...

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
Yo dude if u need parts for it pm me i got basically everything u need i was gonna do thw swap but never got the money to do it due to college so if u wnt some stuff pm me

Paul2281

Stuart Racing
Mine was done before I bought it...They did an excellent jod at it...Center console installed right,shifter works good too....Just have the auto disply in the dash P-R-D-1-2-3......

yeahd00dshaun

5+ Year Member
git er done. well worth your time and money, also not an extremly huge project. great experince. i recommend.

Kooz

i did it to mine. swap was easy as cake.
the only thing i have to say is make sure you WANT a 5-speed before you do it. for example make sure you know what you are getting into when you have to drive it day to day. if you dont race your car, but use it for plain old transportation, you may realize that automatic transaxle is a good thing.

however the majority of automotive enthusiasts prefer 5-speed, so if you have driven 5-speed and thought it was awesome, dont hesitate to swap. it is one of the easiest swaps i have done with a little bit of research.
heres what i paid to do mine
-transaxle, flywheel, gauge cluster, pedals, clutch master cyl, front tourque mount, top trans mount, and ecu was $200
-clutch kit from Napa- $140
-flywheel re-surface job (single step, 3 pins)- $46
-parted out shifter rods -$80 (ebay)
-10w-30 for trans fluid 5qt - $20
-shift knob+boot $28
-wheel speed sensor (only because mine broke)- $18
-clutch line- $7

took me around 16 hours to complete.

wtfomgroflhmm

5+ Year Member
You would be better off just buying a manual car. In order to swap that out, you'd be looking at changing not only the transmission