auto to manual tranny swap 99 ex coupe??

da1andonlydjr

5+ Year Member
anyone ever do it?? my auto tranny's shot and i would much rather a manual transmission anyway.. ANY information would be appreciated.. i think i know most of the parts, jus lookin for the step by step, but ANYTHING would be appreciated... thanks!

coddy1219

5+ Year Member
I had it done on my car and it is alot of work and a lot of parts that you will not remember or think about until you get there. I had a shop do mine and it cost me 1500 out the door I thought it was worth it but if you dont have that much stuff done to your car I would just sell it and pickup something better that is already a manual trans.

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes theres people that have done it, if not there would be no step by steps :slap:

let me see what i can find....

da1andonlydjr

5+ Year Member
thanks.... u think there parts list is good? or did they forget things? ALSO can i use the same tranny mount and just relocate it?? or is a new one needed?

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
better yet hit me on aim if you have it ill give you more info. blackhope121

da1andonlydjr

5+ Year Member
i definitely will... thanks a lot for the help... i'm at work now but i'll im u as soon as i get a chance.... thanx again

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im doing this in about a week or so.. i already have all the parts i need.. gudluck too...

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Reyrey had his done, and he regrets it, the shop charged him $1500 and he supplied the tranny, and pedals and ecu I think, and they threw in a used clutch from S. Africa which lasted him less then a week. I would consider selling your car and buying a manual if you don't have much done to your car yet. Just my opinion.

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hooked_on4 said:
Reyrey had his done, and he regrets it, the shop charged him $1500 and he supplied the tranny, and pedals and ecu I think, and they threw in a used clutch from S. Africa which lasted him less then a week. I would consider selling your car and buying a manual if you don't have much done to your car yet. Just my opinion.
It would be more worth it to just get a swap than to convert your d from auto to manual

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
skinnyjdawg said:
It would be more worth it to just get a swap than to convert your d from auto to manual
exactly...

getting a b series swap will give you most of the parts you need any way for the auto to manual

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually it always depends where you can score your parts.. for me i have a friend that gave me his ex trans and all the brackets needed for the swap. that saves me 350 bucks.. i only spending roughly 400 and i got everything i need for the swap

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
my auto trannys turning to s**t.. i'd love stick shift (stupid me, bought the car sort of in a rush since i needed it), but i dont think its worth doing the conversion really. only way i'd end up with stick is if i swap in a b-series motor or sell the shitbox and buy another car...

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i feel the opposite way.. i want to sell my car but this car have a very sentimental value for me.. and i have done a lot of stuff on it.. i love my car... i want to swap a b-series but i can't afford... thats why i just want to swap the d tranny.. and do a homemade turbo in the future...

coddy1219

5+ Year Member
The shop I went to supplied everything and did the change over for 1500 and it only took them like 3 days. One swap I was told about was doing a b-series automatic but I prefered the manual but there is that option.

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just think a tranny swap is a waste of time and money, Thats my opinion

coddy1219

5+ Year Member
Alot of people say that but you have to try and sell a car you put alot of work in and put up with the calling and showing people the car it is a hassle and you might lose more money depending on what mods you have done to the car already, and I felt that it was cheaper to just do the swap.