auto to manual tranny swap 99 ex coupe??

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
da1andonlydjr said:
thanks... let me know if u come into any problems i should prepare for lol good luk to u too
be sure you wire everything right and dont rush.. as for the brake/gas assembly, just change the brake bracket its only few bolts,cottor pin and a spring that attach it.. don't change the whole brake/gas assembly.. it just gonna waste your time.. as for the shift linkage assembly, you need to dremel and cut the buttom cover to make way for the linkage..also if you have d16y8, you have to change the intake manifold and the 3 wire iacv to 2 wire iacv plug.. those are the most waste of time you'll encounter.. just be careful and be prepare for any s**t to happen... if you'll know what youre doing and double checking and troubleshooting you'll be fine.. just to warn everybody that this is not a easy afternoon project..this is a very complicated process.. i have a experienced friend that will help me out to do this... gudluck.. if you have any questions pm me...

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
coddy1219 said:
I had it done on my car and it is alot of work and a lot of parts that you will not remember or think about until you get there. I had a shop do mine and it cost me 1500 out the door I thought it was worth it but if you dont have that much stuff done to your car I would just sell it and pickup something better that is already a manual trans.

damn...1500....thats alot of doe...haha....

da1andonlydjr

5+ Year Member
thanks everyone for all the input... as far as doin a full b-series swap, i wish i had the money.. eventually thats my intentions, and it may cost me longer in the long run to do the auto many swap, then swap a b motor, but i can't afford the b swap, yet, and my tranny's not gona last me through the winter lol.. so i'm kinda left with not too many choices.. if i sell the car, i wont get shyt for it, because of all the mods... buying a car pre mod'd isn't something u see too much in my area... but i appreciate the advice and the help from anyone... any more help will STILL be appreciated lol... the swap should be next month...wish me all kinds of luck lol