auto to stick

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a automatic and i was wonderin how much will it cost to convert it to stick shift...and will u feel the v-tec kick in if its stick??? i dont know s**t about civics at all.... and how good will a intake from autozone be for my car??

Inliner

monster b18c1
5+ Year Member
well price is gonna depend on your engine for one... spend the money on a AEM with a bypass valve... ohh and "feel the vtec" is gonna depend on your engine and exhaust modifications... lol i feel mine kick in....

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you don't really need to spend the 100 + bucks on an aem intake. ebay brands will save you 70 bucks and will "feel" just the same - it has been dyno proven. also unless you have a s**t load of time and money. it is not worth it to switch from auto to stick.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for one, you're not going to feel your vtec kick whether or not you have an auto or 5 speed, it's a sohc. some say they do, but either way it's nothing that'll blow your mind or will throw you against the back of your seat. secondly, vtec engages around 5.5 rpm, the only thing you'll notice is that it starts to get much louder. thirdly, if that's the only reason why you're switching, dont even bother. it's already a waste of money to do it in the first place, that is unless you have pockets full of money and could care less about where you blow your money.
you're also not going to need a bypass valve unless you like to drive through some deep puddles, but you can if you just want to be on the safe side. just about any intake will do, although there little issues here an there.
my last bit of advice, dont be lazy and do a search. most likely anything you wanna know about has already been posted somewhere.

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
an intake from autozone will be fine, but they're cheaper on ebay

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont let anyone tell you it is a waste of money cause its not..

especially in cases that someone has spent a lot of money on the autmatic and you dont want to buy a new car cause you will end up loosing money...

the auto to manual swap is gonna cost just about the same as a swap....in fact if you buy a complete b series swap you have almost all the parts that you need.

for the soch auto to soch auto it should cost about around 1700 tops with all parts and labor included..

for dohc such as b18b it should be near about 3000. or under. at least from hmotorsonline. with labor included
for example i am buying a b18b which comes with everything from manual transmission to shift linkage axels ecu. its gonna come out to just under 3000

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can understand if it's a built car or even if it's rare a car or somewhere along those lines, but what i'm trying to say is if he has a stock civic and just wants to do it because he thinks that he'll be able feel vtec, imho he's doing it for the wrong reason. but if he wants to, then by all means. i just think it'd be better to either put that money into a swap or reg. mods, or he could just sell his car and buy a 5 spd if he wanted to bad enough.