automatic pros and cons????????

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey did you guys know Greddy went bankrupt? i just found this out..

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
noooooooooooo...... I love my greddy

EMPIRE

5+ Year Member
Where did you learn to read and comprehend?

What he meant by slower than manual was, the car was slower than a 5spd car due to more drivetrain loss.

At least, thats what i gathered out of it... basically because its common sense/knowledge.

Insanely high HP supra's and such is where an auto is good from what ive seen (partially because those trannies can handle it), since trying to shift a 1000+whp car fast enough to get a good time down the track is nearly impossible. It can be done, but its hard.
You Got It :cool:

allister

5+ Year Member
manuals are a little bit better on gas....you have better feel of the car...esp when the roads are covered in snow... and wayyyyyyyy more fun

automatics are just dumb boring and pointless unless u live in a city...and even at that it takes a good half hour of me in stop and go traffic until i'm tired of shiftin and brakin.

Timmy_B

civic in progress
5+ Year Member
Auto = Women, the older generation, and learner drivers
Manual = everyone else who can actually drive

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that statement isnt true anymore. u can put your power to the wheels now a days with race torque converters. theres plenty of places selling racing torque converters for honda auto trannys now.

http://www.tciauto.com/WhatsNew/2002/honda_conv-pr.htm

http://aceconverter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=57_59&products_id=83
NOBODY is going to put a race torque converter in a honda just to drive it on the street...

people with race converters are people pushing insane power and pretty much for drag racing only. find me a street driven civic with an auto and a race converter... you just dont see it. waste of money.

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOBODY is going to put a race torque converter in a honda just to drive it on the street...

people with race converters are people pushing insane power and pretty much for drag racing only. find me a street driven civic with an auto and a race converter... you just dont see it. waste of money.
i dont remember tha OP stating on what he was planning on using tha tranny for.

actually this is what he asked...
hey does anyone know the pros and cons of an automatic and what i can do with one
i was just stating tha u can do alot with a honda auto tranny now a days and that anyone that wants to have the power n keep the auto tranny its ok.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude I think this is a misunderstanding, why dont you just read the posts and maybe it will make sense:roll:
Take your own advice and re-read my post.

"I don't know where YOU gathered, (note the punctuation, that you should of learned through your last 12 years of education) he was talking about the speed of the shift...."

Now dads going to yell at us! He has to catch me first, though!

:smileyR: