automatic tranny problem

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not sure what exactly needs to be fix but it wont go into third or fourth gear. it is like when your clutch is worn out and the car wont go even though your engine is roaring haha. may torque converter or the tranny itself need help asap thanks. oh yea its a automatic tranny not a manual i dont know much about automatic tranny so i need help.

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you check the atf? there is a dipstick in the area between the engine and battery.

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u mean th tranny fluid cus i think it is fine i'll double check later plus i didnt see any leak.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
change it, see what it does. Drain and refill. with honda fluid only.

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh yea the tranny has been actin up ever since the swap when you slow down and the tranny downshift i guess it makes a tump feeling like it if you were to tap on the brake.

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
aight i'll try tat tmr if it doesnt work i'm planning to convert it to stick shift cus that car is so dam clean and stock it would be nice dd for me.

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
aight i kinda look into it did some reading with the manual and there are 4 gears and 1 reverse. each gear has also a clutch to it and apparently for my situation my third and 4th gear are slipping so either get it rebuild or just get a new tranny. i think i figure out my problem. if i'm wrong shame on me but i pretty sure that those clutch are out.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
...and watch a simple tranny fluid refill would solve the problem, because maybe you never changed yours.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
listen to Kaotic. Spend the extra 20 dollars to make sure that its not the fluid.

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u mean th tranny fluid cus i think it is fine i'll double check later plus i didnt see any leak.
yes, atf-automatic transmission fluid. auto and manual tranny fluids are not the same, so make sure you are using ATF if you refill it.

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well ok i just did a motor swap for it a couple of months ago and i used the original tranny which is 230k miles and change the fluid when i did it and now i just flushed it and went to honda dealer to get the fluid but still not working. however i found $150 auto tranny for it one craigslist that i'll probally purchase it. i think the tranny is just too worn out.