autometer tach

7gencivic02

5+ Year Member
i have a 02 civic ex and a aftermarket autometer tach does anyone know how to install it , i already bought the adapter at i need but i dont know what wires go where, i tryed it but it was 4 slow if i was at 4000 RPM the tach needle was at 1000 i need help please thanks

notoriouspyro

5+ Year Member
Just curious. Why did you buy a tach when our civics already come with one?

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for look but also shift light if it has one and if you have a swap and want to rev higher than the 8grand ( stock ex ) but yea theres a few ways to do it . green wire goes to the dizzy cap it's the blue wire or you can tap it into your cluster i think blue solid wire as well founs in the 13 pin connecto on 96 to 00r . i always connect it to the dizzy cap, and the third find the blue wire in the fuse box, but yea red wire go to 12v, white goes to parking light (connect it to your clock or radio)black ground. i have done it in civics and integras, b and d series engine thinking it should be the same for your 02 ex

notoriouspyro

5+ Year Member
Ahhh... I never understood why people bought a tach when their cars come stock with one. Thank you for clearin that up.

7gencivic02

5+ Year Member
my civic is a distributorless ignition system it runs on coil over plug ingition system and why i got it is because my stock tach is f**ked up it skips so i dont know what rpm im at

GSR_Tech

PROD7GY
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
7gencivic02 said:
i have a 02 civic ex and a aftermarket autometer tach does anyone know how to install it , i already bought the adapter at i need but i dont know what wires go where, i tryed it but it was 4 slow if i was at 4000 RPM the tach needle was at 1000 i need help please thanks
you didn't need teh adapter its a straight wirirng install

7gencivic02

5+ Year Member
how is it a straight wiring installation and hoe dont if need an adapter if thats true what wires go where then?

*Guest*

Banned
should only have 4 wires black = ground red = constant power and the other two wires one goes to your dash lights and the other goes to the engine you have to splice into this one wire aahhhhh but i dont know what it is called maybe someone can take a picture and show you where to splce into... =D

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B16ADVAN04 said:
should only have 4 wires black = ground red = constant power and the other two wires one goes to your dash lights and the other goes to the engine you have to splice into this one wire aahhhhh but i dont know what it is called maybe someone can take a picture and show you where to splce into... =D
The connector for engine pulse (rpm) is near the battery!
Almost all manufactures have wireing info on their websites.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*edit*

xdr3amx said:
for look but also shift light if it has one and if you have a swap and want to rev higher than the 8grand ( stock ex ) but yea theres a few ways to do it . green wire goes to the dizzy cap it's the blue wire or you can tap it into your cluster i think blue solid wire as well founs in the 13 pin connecto on 96 to 00r . i always connect it to the dizzy cap, and the third find the blue wire in the fuse box, but yea red wire go to 12v, white goes to parking light (connect it to your clock or radio)black ground. i have done it in civics and integras, b and d series engine thinking it should be the same for your 02 ex
if by dizzy you mean distributor, 7th gen's don't have distributors...

Last edited:

7gencivic02

5+ Year Member
there is a blue wire off connector E going into th ecu and its the engine speed pulse wire will the tach work if i splice into that wire with the green tach wire