b-series headers?

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i just got a gsr swap in my civic now and it has dc headers and i want to swap the headers out cus its all dented at the bottom. my question is which header will fit my gsr cus i dont think b16 headers or type r doesnt fit. i'll looking for ITR headers but not sure if they fit.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
an itr header will fit your car but i dont think a b16 header will fit on your gsr because it will be touching your oil pan. dc sport copied the itr header.

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
FYI...its 'header' not 'headers'. I have the ITR header on my JDM GSR and its a really respected header choice. you want to stick with 4-1. you get more power due to better air flow. i have also heard great things about the tri-y header. good luck man! ....and dont cheap out and buy a generic brand off ebay and dont get a 4-2-1.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
FYI...its 'header' not 'headers'. I have the ITR header on my JDM GSR and its a really respected header choice. you want to stick with 4-1. you get more power due to better air flow. i have also heard great things about the tri-y header. good luck man! ....and dont cheap out and buy a generic brand off ebay and dont get a 4-2-1.
Tri Y's give a bit more torque than 4-1. 4-1's give slightly more HP than tri y's. Find your needs.

I hope I find a 4-1 for my SOHC.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had a b16 header on a b20vtec with clearance left.... i think almost any b series header will fit as long as its 4-2-1. when you get into 4-1 you might start having clearance issues unless you get the right app

now matching up JDM length with USDM exhaust is a different story... and a different thread

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i think the problem is with a gsr head's the exuast port is different thats why b16's wont work thats what i've heard but yea i know what kind of performance tri y and 4-1 make just wondering about fitment do you guys now of any other brands i should look into?