B-series stock clutch boosted?

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just want to know what yalls experience has been. If at all possible I don't want to drop the tranny AGAIN for a little while. I'm looking for 270-300whp and I'm thinking it will heat up too quick and start slipping with that much but I have heard of some people using them.

I'm really considering swapping it out first though...

LMK.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it wont hold 270...

250 MAYBE for like a week

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Civic EK9 said:
The clutch is going to beak
And you know this because of what?... :roll:

Thats what I was thinking Ryan. I was thinking it would hold on the dyno and if I took it easy but whats the point in that? I know I'm gonna be driving it hard when it gets the turbo again...

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just pull the trans and throw a better clutch in. you will be a lot happier

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
ryan89crx said:
just pull the trans and throw a better clutch in. you will be a lot happier
agreed... you are going to have to change it eventually. my stock clutch slipped in boost with only a little over 200 hp.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, the stock clutch wont last long under boost, days if you actually get the numbers you're looking for. Save yourself the time and do your clutch when you do the turbo.

Civic EK9

5+ Year Member
Phantom Civic said:
And you know this because of what?... :roll:

Thats what I was thinking Ryan. I was thinking it would hold on the dyno and if I took it easy but whats the point in that? I know I'm gonna be driving it hard when it gets the turbo again...
BC I did the same s**t but with a LS/VTEC motor boosting 300HP on 18 psi and my clucth broke. So l bought a ACT extreme stage 3 clutch with a act prolite fly wheel and the b***h is pulling mad hard. Oh l 4got it broke while doing a burn out

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Civic EK9 said:
The clutch is going to beak
+1

The OEM clutch can probly hold like 220 whp safely. At it wont hold it for long, unless you dont really push it. Hell, you can have an OEM clutch on a 400hp car, so long as you dont gun it. That is where it will die.

Replacing the clutch is really worth it. Its the first prep work I am doing for my B16. I already have to replace the CV joints, why the hell not.

Also look in to new CVs as well. OEM CVs wont last long with 250+whp

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DAF said:
Also look in to new CVs as well. OEM CVs wont last long with 250+whp
not true

drunkinmaster's 400hp sedan has made 30+ passes at the track with slicks on stock axles and its never broken one

its all about preloading prior to launching

hybrdthry911

5+ Year Member
oem axles ftw, a noob can kill stock axles n/a, its all about how you treat them. power doesnt kill axles drivers do. well maybe a little of both.

to the OP def change the clutch. it will probly start slipping on the dyno.

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys. I knew the answer before I posted I just didn't wanna pull it again. :oops:

Im thinking of going with the ACT XTMM

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ryan89crx said:
not true

drunkinmaster's 400hp sedan has made 30+ passes at the track with slicks on stock axles and its never broken one

its all about preloading prior to launching
God danm.... that scares me, lol.