B16 1/4 mile time in a 5th gen.

WeSt1LLiReSt

5+ Year Member
What is a decent time for a b16 in a hatch??? Not gutted or anything like that. Just i/h/e on regular tires???

I ran a 15.2 at 89mph in a dx hatch. Does that sound about right?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could get that down a few tenths or so but it's not bad...

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I ran 15.7 @ 88mph in my B16 hatch. I've got a full system in the trunk though, so that was slowing me down a bit!

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What is a decent time for a b16 in a hatch??? Not gutted or anything like that. Just i/h/e on regular tires???

I ran a 15.2 at 89mph in a dx hatch. Does that sound about right?
thats pretty good

WeSt1LLiReSt

5+ Year Member
Ok i was wondering, because i actually only have Intake, Headers, and Muffler no exhaust. And hit a 15.2. Coulda hit a 15.1 on the last one but had to slow down because my Dial in time was 15.4 because thats what we thought it would hit. So im thinkinwith exhaust and some tires i could hit a 14.8-14.9 hopefully

WeSt1LLiReSt

5+ Year Member
lol Thanks. Gonna be at CMI on July 22 at the Sac raceway, hopefully ill have tire's by then, and maybe just run Open Headers

WeSt1LLiReSt

5+ Year Member
Oh by the way, I forgot to mention that Im running a PR4 ecu that was chipped to run vtec, but it doesnt kick in till 6000rpm, and I still shift out at 8000rpm. So hopefully by CMI I will have it retuned to kick in at 5000rpm. That should help bring my time down a little too.

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah you'll probably won't do much better then 15.2 on street tires.

Your trap speed says you won't get much better then a 15 sec run......if you use drag radials or slicks I bet you could pull a 14 sec pass.

For a B16 that's pretty good.

I ran 15.4 in my B18c-R..........I know I know.....sad...

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your trap speed says you won't get much better then a 15 sec run...
Really. Our buddy with an old corvette ran a 13.1 @ 89mph. And he didnt let off, just had a bad start. And I ran a 14.3 at 94mph.

Im sure if you get some drag radials you'll pull out a 14. somethin.

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice times man. Hopefully, I'll be pulling those when I get my test pipe on my ep.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well altitude plays a big difference too. At 3300 feet above sea level, My best time was a 15.8 with my coupe (I/H/E/ECU) but as soon I tried it at a track that was 24ft above sea level, all of a sudden i was able to break 14.9

xOriginalNinjax

5+ Year Member
Well altitude plays a big difference too. At 3300 feet above sea level, My best time was a 15.8 with my coupe (I/H/E/ECU) but as soon I tried it at a track that was 24ft above sea level, all of a sudden i was able to break 14.9
WIthout a fuel management system on that, I bet you were runnin a bit lean too? Mountain air really sucks when you're trying to get power out of a motor...