b16 or b18 swap

cali92civic

I have a 92 honda civic dx and im debating on what swap I wanna go with can someone give me feed back if you have done any of these swaps and which one u highly recommend its my daily driver but just wantto upgrade to a dual cam vtech... :D

95coupeEX

Both the B16 and the gsr are good swaps...a b16 swap with bolt ons and a good tune is a nice set-up and will still get great gas mileage...plus they rev like CRAZY!!!

cali92civic

Thanks for the feed back I think im going to go with the b16 it sounds pretty straight toward and its a lil bit cheaper...

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I have a 92 honda civic dx and im debating on what swap I wanna go with can someone give me feed back if you have done any of these swaps and which one u highly recommend its my daily driver but just wantto upgrade to a dual cam vtech... :D
look Ive been trying to hold back my noob bashing alot lately, so Im going try to be nice

you just dug up the most debated/talked about/argued over topic of them all

figure out what you want to do with the car and decide which is best for you, there are years and years of info on this, someone else's opinion might not be what you want

also, why do people think there is an h in vtec?

do a little work for yourself you will learn more in the end

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
look Ive been trying to hold back my noob bashing alot lately, so Im going try to be nice

you just dug up the most debated/talked about/argued over topic of them all

figure out what you want to do with the car and decide which is best for you, there are years and years of info on this, someone else's opinion might not be what you want

also, why do people think there is an h in vtec?

do a little work for yourself you will learn more in the end
your a noob yourself shut up!:stfusmack:

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
this is getting interesting...total n00b basher^^^:roll: (kinda makes you wanna punch him in the face).
so tough on a keyboard

You guys want to keep spoon feeding these guys go for it, they arent any better off.

OP, listen what these guys have to say since they have been so much more helpful to you

95coupeEX

Back to the topic, B16 is a good choice, very reliable and makes plenty of power for daily drivers...also can b NASTY when built!!!

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im not saying u dnt know sh*t if anything my respect for your knowledge but u dnt have to b a douche...

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk

EJ1SWAG

If you just want to upgrade to a dual cam for a solid daily driver I'd just go with the B16. Cheaper and usually easier to find locally than a GSR swap, plus theres still tons of potential for upgrade. But Like FAITHhasME said, figure out exactly what you want to do with the car, whether its just daily driving, autoX, or taking it to your local strip. Each swap has its advantages. good luck with the swap!

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say GSR all the way for that extra 20ft-lbs torque but I'm biased because I have one lol. Truthfully they're all right though, b16 if you just want and upgrade cuz there wont be anymore 30+ mpg with a gsr engine and tranny unless you only spend time on the highway, but then the extra torque won't matter all that much anyway. Just my $.02

Course theres always b18b as well but then you don't get to brag about having vtaaakk yo

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I say GSR all the way for that extra 20ft-lbs torque but I'm biased because I have one lol. Truthfully they're all right though, b16 if you just want and upgrade cuz there wont be anymore 30+ mpg with a gsr engine and tranny unless you only spend time on the highway, but then the extra torque won't matter all that much anyway. Just my $.02

Course theres always b18b as well but then you don't get to brag about having vtaaakk yo
I use to get 38mpg on rural roads in my turbo gsr, like 50mph roads with a few lights here and there. I think 30mpg in non block to block traffic is possible