B16 swap question

00Ex00

5+ Year Member
Hi there I'm kinda new to CC and was just wanting to pick your minds about a few things. I have a 2000 Ex and I'm wanting to do a b16 swap and I've been shopping around for a good deal on one and I was just wondering what exactly I will need parts wise to do the swap. I found this engine on hmotorsonline and wondering if this was a swap that would be easy into my Ex, and is that even the right b16 or is there another one I should get? I think they have everything I would need there but I'm not completely sure and wanted to check in with you guys first.

And another question I had is should I go with the b16(with plans of boosting) or should I spend a bit more and find a b18 but not have the money to boost for awhile?

Any input would be much appreciated, thanks.

JosephColy

5+ Year Member
Hi there I'm kinda new to CC and was just wanting to pick your minds about a few things. I have a 2000 Ex and I'm wanting to do a b16 swap and I've been shopping around for a good deal on one and I was just wondering what exactly I will need parts wise to do the swap. I found this engine on hmotorsonline and wondering if this was a swap that would be easy into my Ex, and is that even the right b16 or is there another one I should get? I think they have everything I would need there but I'm not completely sure and wanted to check in with you guys first.

And another question I had is should I go with the b16(with plans of boosting) or should I spend a bit more and find a b18 but not have the money to boost for awhile?

Any input would be much appreciated, thanks.
there are a million of these threads out there, use the search button, or google.

94civickid

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you are getting the b16a it is an obd1 motor if you buy the complete swap from hmotorsonline they provide you with pretty much everything you would need.....to put the motor in you would need an ecu jumper harness for obd2 to obd1 and also an obd2 to obd1 dizzy jumper

00Ex00

5+ Year Member
Ok I found a place for the Ecu Jumper for 60$ but it says this

OBD2A to OBD1 Harness will work on the following.... Manual Transmission only. *1996-1999 Acura Integra *1996-1998 Honda Civic *1996-2001 Honda Prelude *1996-1997 Honda Accord *Any OBD2A Honda or Acura * Wired for GS-R secondaries, and all other options. Direct plug and play. This harness will allow you to run an older OBD1 ECU in your newer 96+ vehicle. This is for the installation of the ECU only.

I have a 00 civic, so either my civic is considered an OBD2A or it won't work? I'm not sure. Any input?

Thanks