B16 vs. F20

WhiteKnight2000

FIRST!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are there any differences in the B16 and the F20? As in, will any performance parts for a B16 bolt onto and work on the F20?

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im gonna say no. two completely diff set ups.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOTS B series is completely different then an F series

WhiteKnight2000

FIRST!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright, good to know guys, many thanks....so if i were to go with the F20...where would i find parts for it?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f is more like h

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your talking about an f20 like its an easy thing...an s2k motor...if you have to ask these questions man you need not to worry about the differences...and other beginner type stuff...

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh, well in that case...stick with a b series motor...the aftermarket support is tiny for f and h series compared to the support of d and b series motors...

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
chadi said:
oh, well in that case...stick with a b series motor...the aftermarket support is tiny for f and h series compared to the support of d and b series motors...
Some of those accord motors actually arent that bad, and can be had for as much as a d series (or less), but I dont think that's the right road for the OP..

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i know ive always wanteed a 92-95 sedan with an f20 in it, but try looking for parts!

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I saw an 97 accord with a F20B swap done at first I thought it was a H series looked good. But yeah I would get a B or D variant. Just my .02 cents

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tsk...that car has so much money into it...i doubt he has that kind of money...its easier to make a b faster than it is an f

WhiteKnight2000

FIRST!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol, ok well..since ive chosen the B16A2..im probably not gonna post on this thread anymore...thanks to all who helped with my questions.