b16 vtec/ transmission slipping

jrichy01

5+ Year Member
hi guys im new to this forum... ive got a 93 Civic Hatch DX that i just recently did a d16 swap... but i only swapped the engine, now it seems like my stock tranmission is slipping... should i replace the transmission? if so do you have any recomendations?

Nameyga

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how were you able to use your D series transmission on a B series? Well id say try adding some lucas to the tranny fluid. If your using manual you want to get the lucas engine, if automatic you the lucas transmission fluid.

norybg3

5+ Year Member
Are you sure its a b16 instead of a d16? and is your transmission auto or manual?

jrichy01

5+ Year Member
its standard, and ya its a d16, thats my bad... the clutch also sticks a bit when shifting from 1st to 2nd...

norybg3

5+ Year Member
well if your clutch is slipping its probably time to put a new one in, should had done that when you swapped you engine since everything was out. What do you mean your clutch is sticking? can you give more detail

jrichy01

5+ Year Member
by sticking i mean that when i press the clutch down to shift from 1st to 2nd and then release it doesnt release completly... i have to pump it for it to release completly

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like you need a new clutch and through-out (release) bearing. most clutch kits come with one so no worries. just get a decent clutch kit (not ebay crap) and have your flywheel resurfaced and you should be set.