b16a bogging during crusing

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
Okay here is what is going on with the car. i have a 90 civic si, with a b16a obd0. i have a ry wire sub harness all wired to the correct locations. No check engine light and no codes.

The car bogs at cruising at any speed. Not during acceleration, and yo can just give a little more gas and it clears up.

I read that i might have the O2 sensors could be mixed up, so i unplugged the the sensor to see if it clears it up and it does, and VTEC kicks a lot harder. but with them unplugged it does not set a code. i am not sure why it would not set one.

dorcus

Old f**ker
5+ Year Member
How long have they been unplugged. Sometimes it takes a while to turn the light on. I reset my check engine before we fixed my cat trying to get away with inspection, and it didn't come back on for like 200 miles.

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
i just unplugged them today. I still would think they would be an instant cel code because they are very important to the running of the engine.

i just want to solve it and not have anything unplugged, i am going to adjusted the tps tomorrow, also clean the iac... i just want to have the car running kick ass again.

!4NDY!

Civic
So it runs just fine with them unplugged?

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
Yea to my knowledge there are no CELs no check engine light....... weird.... i am going to switch the O2 and see it is bog like that tomorrow. I am just looking to see if any one else has had this issue or something like this!! it just seems to not runs like it should. Defiantly not with them plugged in, also with them unplugged. It runs better and no bogging with them unplugged.. it just seem like some time you really feel vtec and some times not as much or not at all....

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
no one have a guess or idea?? if not i guess i will just have to get the multi-meter and play around with it..