B16A help please :)

dmatrix1

5+ Year Member
Okay my car has started to act real weird. The car has started to "shake". The steering wheels vibrates pretty hard when at idle. makes my door panels make sounds lol. my whole dash vibrates. But i noticed that when i first turn it on i doesnt do this. after i drive it maybe 5 minutes and come to a light it starts to do this.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do u have stiff mounts? I have very stiff polyurethane mounts and my car does the same thing, but all the time.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does the motor seem to still be running fine? When you push on the red part of the mount does it seem solid or kind of soft?

dmatrix1

5+ Year Member
ya runs strong. the mount is kind of soft but a little stiff. I dont think its the mount. one of the caps came off the ones where the hose would hook up, there is two for two different sizes and one had a cover circle and it came off. could this cause it to shake?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea the vibration may be caused from one of your mounts coming apart or coming loose, if the motor still runs strong and it only does it at idle, I suspect that its a mount related issue.

dmatrix1

5+ Year Member
Alright....im going to take it in to get inspected tomorrow. ill let you know what happens

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its your mounts that are making it vibrate. they look like energy, or prothane inserts. ive had them in all of my b series cars. they all shake.