b16a2 350+ possible ?

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I came across a b16a2 with 80k and I been itching for boost !

Here are my plans hp goals are 350+
Set up would consist of :
Bone stock b16a
Inlinepro log mani cast ( or suggest plz)
Garrett T3/T4E, 60 trim compressor, T3, 4 Bolt (2.5")
750 or 1000 injectors
255 walbro fuel pump
38mm tail wg
S300
Ebay piping and possibly D-pipe 3”
E85 !!

Do you think I’m shooting to high ? what would you do different to reach my goals ?

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
any one ?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your s**t will blow up, overkill on the injectors too. You should upgrade the headstuds, and rods at least.

honda frank

5+ Year Member
you hit 350 not stock but 250 with bigger injectors new head studs and olny if you have 1 good tunner i would be shooting for like 220 230 and that not at the wheels

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had a Greddy 18G kit on a stock b16, 310 cc injectors, 3" piping and all exhaust, tuned on an s300-245 WHP....pulling my motor apart as we speak and takin it to inline pro for a full rebuild, goin for 750cc injectors and hopin for around 350 at about 14-15lbs of boost. not doin much to the head, but I am usin head studs...

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your s**t will blow up, overkill on the injectors too. You should upgrade the headstuds, and rods at least.
And yeah, if you are goin with that big of a turbo, you'll blow your s**t up...rebuild the bottom end and do it right and you will LOVE it...my turbo's not that big and i janked my s**t out at only 7 lbs...

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And yeah, if you are goin with that big of a turbo, you'll blow your s**t up...rebuild the bottom end and do it right and you will LOVE it...my turbo's not that big and i janked my s**t out at only 7 lbs...
it will be tuned by T1 Racing in TX on E85 thats why i need huge injectors e85 soich is higher if am not mistaken i seen 93oct tunes hitting 275 at about 11-14 psi i;ll be preventing detonation by using e85 so i'll be able to boost a lil more.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
youll probably want to invest in forged pistons and eagle rods. i would not attempt 350+whp with the parts you have listed.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
youll probably want to invest in forged pistons and eagle rods. i would not attempt 350+whp with the parts you have listed.
agreed. and at the minimum at that. if you want big specs, you need to pay big. you might as well do it right the first time and build it properly for boost.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nah, with a good tune you should be able to hit those power levels and e85 will make it a lot easier to get their. 330 is definitely possible and it all depends on the condition of your motor. i am doing a similar build as we speak on a gsr. you might wanna invest in a good intake manifold, throttle body and 3 inch turbo back exhaust. gsr cams will help a ton too.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The rods/pistons won't hold up very long at all on the stock setup..I don't care who's tuning the car and on what.. If you don't do that, you won't have it long. My car didn't hold up (granted my issue is the rings) on what I was running and my b16 only had 28,000 miles when I did it...It has 32,000 now..granted its been a few years..don't drive it much..but when I do, I DO lol

hybrdthry911

5+ Year Member
ive seen 300+whp made on b16 time after time after time. on a healthy motor i think 350whp with a quality tune should last quite some time, im not saying it will last 200k miles, but definately a few seasons. talk to Tony1 and go over what you need with him. hes got a lot more experience than anyone on these forums.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its possible, but if you get a bad batch of gas the motor will be done.

ThatSIguy

Poor mans Type R
I would go with 650cc injectors or go the cheaper route and get some 550cc injectors (Evo injectors) also a fuel pressure regulator. 350hp is reachable but as mentioned before you must build your bottom end.. low compression pistons, rods, cams. etc. It should be a pretty sick build though!

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would go with 650cc injectors or go the cheaper route and get some 550cc injectors (Evo injectors) also a fuel pressure regulator. 350hp is reachable but as mentioned before you must build your bottom end.. low compression pistons, rods, cams. etc. It should be a pretty sick build though!

750s will be fine with e85 i wouldn't go with anything smaller.

Autoworks

5+ Year Member
I would not downgrade the injectors.

I'd probably opt for a 50 or 57 trim .63 a/r before the 60 trim; but if that peak # is all your looking for then stick w/ the 60 trim.