b16a2 automatic transmition for sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastlainracing

live fast
5+ Year Member
i have a b series transmition for sell it is a automatic only has 80k runs good came out of a 99 civic si i will consider a trade. i live in colorado so if you could pic it up the deal will be a little better

mikeycivic01

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
to my knowledge there is no such thing as a auto si tranny

mikeycivic01

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeh but 99 si isnt jdm, something is up with this unless his si was swapped.

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, the USDM 99-00 Civic Si did not come with an Automatic option, hence there is no way this could be a "B16A2 Automatic Transmission". The only USDM B-Series Auto Trannies are the B18A/B (LS) or B20. Of course, in other countries there are Auto B-Series Trannies, such as the GSR Auto Tranny and the B16A Auto Tranny that was mentioned already.

OP, you need to provide more information and pictures of the actual transmission you are selling. Is the car an original USDM 99-00 Civic Si? If so, then it must've been swapped from Manual to Auto - find out which Auto B-Series Tranny was used from the previous owner and get back to us.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More like a B16a3 out of the Del Sol VTEC's. They had the B16a3 IIRC, and they came in auto.

Ferio Vi-RS

I Heart BoA!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i saw the title and was like wtf? but i've been auto b16s before... in europe. maybe it's a ls tranny?

fastlainracing

live fast
5+ Year Member
the tranny came out of canida, it was ordered with the outher motor, so their is no telling what exact car it came out of but it is a b16 automatic tranny, i no this becose i have it and it came with the b16a2 motor that i have siting in my house

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The USDM Del Sols that came with B16A3's never came in Automatic.
They sure did. I went to look at a del Sol a couple of weeks ago and it had the B16a3 (VTEC trim), and was automatic. Completely stock, except for a CAI. The only reason I didnt buy it, was b/c it was automatic.

EDIT: Sorry, it was either the a2 or a3, I cant remember. All I know was it was automatic, stock, and B-Series. :what:

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They sure did. I went to look at a del Sol a couple of weeks ago and it had the B16a3 (VTEC trim), and was automatic. Completely stock, except for a CAI. The only reason I didnt buy it, was b/c it was automatic.

EDIT: Sorry, it was either the a2 or a3, I cant remember. All I know was it was automatic, stock, and B-Series. :what:

They didnt come Automatic off the lot at Honda - that's a fact. If you do not believe me call the Dealership and ask.

In any case, maybe the original owner opted for an Automatic Del Sol VTEC when they originally came out and payed extra to have that done. Honda will customize the vehicle to whatever you want as long as you're willing to pay.

A friend of mine bought a 2009 Civic Si Sedan and told the Dealer he wanted it to be Tiptronic since it was for his wife and she didnt drive 5-Speed ... Guess what? They went ahead and swapped trannies along with everything to make it work perfectly and look "Factory Stock". Of course, he ended up paying quite a few thousands on top of the price tag just because of that. His wife wanted it, so he was willing to pay it.

It's either that or someone else swapped it themselves - its not very hard to do. Either way, no USDM B16A Tranny exist. In any case Honda would've used an LS or B20 Auto Tranny in that Del Sol VTEC if he opted for that when it was purchased. For my friend's Custom 2009 Civic Si Sedan they used the TSX Auto/Tiptronic Tranny.

PS. Del Sol VTEC = B16A3 ;)

cbk0485

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If the delsol was a 5spd b16 and isomeone opted have that an auto trans how would that be possible? Isnt the trans mount on the frame diffrent for 5spd with Eg chassis? I find it hard to believe the dealership would cut the mount off and reweld a auto bracket on. And then they have to repaint the bay then. I just dont think a dealership would do that.

fastlainracing

live fast
5+ Year Member
all you know everything that their is to know about this s**t. I dont know exactly what it came out of it came from candida, and it came with the b16a2 motor and thats it

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fastlainracing, post up pics of the tranny, any serial numbers or numbers stamped on it, etc. Then we can identify it for you and you can sell the tranny accordingly.

If the delsol was a 5spd b16 and isomeone opted have that an auto trans how would that be possible? Isnt the trans mount on the frame diffrent for 5spd with Eg chassis? I find it hard to believe the dealership would cut the mount off and reweld a auto bracket on. And then they have to repaint the bay then. I just dont think a dealership would do that.
As I mentioned, if you are willing to pay for it being done then Honda will do it. It's not coming out of their pockets, its coming out of yours. You will be paying for the parts, labor and all the other costs with the customization. Trust me man, my friend had it done for his wife's 09 Civic Si, so I have no doubt in what I am saying.

Plus I'm not sure if that mount issue applies to Del Sols, I think it applies to 92-95 Civic only - dont quote me on that though as I truly do not know.

cbk0485

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fastlainracing, post up pics of the tranny, any serial numbers or numbers stamped on it, etc. Then we can identify it for you and you can sell the tranny accordingly.

As I mentioned, if you are willing to pay for it being done then Honda will do it. It's not coming out of their pockets, its coming out of yours. You will be paying for the parts, labor and all the other costs with the customization. Trust me man, my friend had it done for his wife's 09 Civic Si, so I have no doubt in what I am saying.

Plus I'm not sure if that mount issue applies to Del Sols, I think it applies to 92-95 Civic only - dont quote me on that though as I truly do not know.
del sol/eg/dc all share the same frame rail mounts. I can see them putting a TSX trans into a 09 Si. But thats alot more straight forward then making a 5spd b16a Del Sol into a auto Bseries. Putting a TSX trans in a 09 SI is a bolt in affair. They share the same trans cases and there wiring harness are very similar. There no welding at all. But cutting spot welds and rewelding a auto mounts on seems like alot for the dealership. And also what would they do about the VIN#? It would be for a 5spd?

Sorry to clutter up your thread good luck with sale.

Im not saying that they dont. I dont think too many dealership here on the east coast would attempt it. The acura dealers around here can barely even turn the immobilizer on with Kpro. Or recode a key.

Status
Not open for further replies.