B16a2 in 00 EX No start

SIRDREAMKID

5+ Year Member
Hi guys i really need your help. I bought a 2000 Honda civic ex with a running y8 motor. I started to have problems with the motor and it eventually died. I tried fixing it but it still wouldn't start. I unplugged the fuel Injectors and it ran for about a minute, but since i unplugged the fuel Injectors it eventually flooded the cylinders and shut off. Changed the dizzy fuel pump fuel filter and main relay. Still nothing. I then got a wrecked si that drove perfectly fine. I installed it into my ex and it ran for about a minute but then slowly died like my y8. Ive been trying to find out whats going on and i have no clue now. That part i swapped over from the si to my ex are:

Fuel pump (From running si)
dash harness (From running si)
main relay (From running si)
inside fuse box (From running si)
outside fuse box (From running si)
engine harness (From running si)
motor (From running si)
ECU (From running si)
ignition coil (From running si)
new fuel pump

I have spark and timing is correct. The fuel pumps all the way to the fuel rail but doesn't go into the cylinder. So i tested the injector plugs. Tested the negative wire 2000and i had power. I tested the positive wires and no power. So i wanna know what sends positive signal to the fuel Injectors?

RonJ

Banned
What ECU?

Any CEL codes?

The Yel/Blk wire in each injector plug supplies the voltage.

ek4kat

5+ Year Member
Also check your ground wires. Maybe loose wiring.

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How does it die? Like real quick and sudden or gradually slows to shut off. Does it usually happen at idle? Check the return line hoses for the fuel regulator. Could be stopped or restricted? Did you put any additives in the fuel?

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd double check your fuel pressure and see what's going on. A motor starting but not running sound like it's having issues with sending fuel to your injectors. Fuel pump shouldn't be an issue since it would prime to start the engine in the first place, however upkeeping the pressure might be your issue.