b16a2 into 97 civic problems

integraguy_3

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hello I recently swapped in a b16a2 swap out of a 2000 em1 into my auto 97 civic dx im having some problems with my ecu..

At the time I had to order a obd2a to obd2b jumper harness so I ran a obd2a p72 (gsr) ecu which I got the car on the road running good besides running a little rich I finally recieved my jumper harness which I plugged into the p2t (si) ecu and now the car runs like total crap!! Low idle, bad acceleration, bogs, backfires, no power, almost wants to die when I shift into second gear I thought it might be bad ecu so I tried a obd2a ctr ecu and car runs the same with that ecu too. But once I plug in the p72 ecu it runs great! Is there something I did wrong in the harness??

I used stock auto harness repinned 3 wire to 2 wire iacv, added vtec wiring, added knock sensor plug, also converted 3 wire to 2 wire cfk plug
im missing the secondary o2 sensor and iat sensor would that affect anything??

Im stuck and have no idea why the car would hate the b16 ecu's but like the gsr ecu lol

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Use the p72. Junk the p2t. Hate typing on my iPad or I'd explain more.

Btw, I'm moving to Las Cruces later this summer/fall. Was just there this weekend scouting out he area. Back in Cali for ow tho

integraguy_3

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont wanna be a bother but why would the gsr be better being that the original manifold has secondary butterflies which im sure is why its running a little rich..

So you'll be moving here? Thats crazy I dont hear that too much lol cruces isnt that big or popular to move to

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Rather than type out everything, her's a link that describes what you're doing and what needs to be done if you're determined to use the p2t .

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2987229

Most prefer the oBD1 because it can be tuned. That's what I used for all my swaps. Use the p30 tune with the b16 and then go from there.

Anyway... I'm moving to Las Cruces because of the spaceport. I work for virgin galactic as the only avionics line maintenance tech/a&p for the spaceship. About 100 of us will be heading there in the next couple months.

integraguy_3

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the info I will look for into it

Ohh ok ive been out there its in the middle of nowhere! Lol but sounds good maybe we'll meet up sometime

integraguy_3

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Scanned CEL last night I got: no secondary o2, no iat, 1337 (csf sensor) so I did the "ckf trick" from ff squad http://ff-squad.com/wp/?p=309

Now the car doesnt bog but it does idle pretty low ive tried adjusting the idle screw and it really doesnt do much could it be that im missing o2 and iat?

Last edited: