B16a2 Oil

93eg93

5+ Year Member
I have a B16A2 in my 93Hatch. I started using my car for commute since I had it parked in my garage for 2yrs.

I've always put Honda 5W30 engine oil in my B16A2. I want to use Mobile Syntec engine oil in my car now since I'm using it for commute.

Is Mobile Syntec engine oil better than Honda Oil?

What do you guys recommend?

Do you guys recommend some of that Lucas products for Honda engines?

BLINDD

5+ Year Member
I wouldn't put 5W30 in my motor. I always use 10W30 and if it matters, Valvoline.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
almost the same s**t

5w30 is fine

go with mobil1 full synthetic instead ;) but syntec is fine as well.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5w30 is made for colder climates and winter time. Just an FYI

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
honda recommends 5w-30 for a b16a2

syntec will be fine

93eg93

5+ Year Member
My B16A2 engine has 45K.... I strictly use my car for commute.. 45 miles a day, 5 days a week.

93eg93

5+ Year Member
I got Mobile 1 Full Synthetic oil... Do I have to do the syntec blend first before I go to Full Synthetic? I think I heard something about changing regular oil to full synthetic is not good. That you have to use syntec blend before going full sythetic......

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i use mobil 1 synthetic and so far no problem here

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no its going from synthetic to normal oil thats bad and as for the lucas i always have used it in all my cars...i use a 1/2 a bottle with every oil change gets out all the little pings exp. if u use reg gas! and adds a little extra life to the oil so its good if shes ur dd with log commutes....mean s**t if is good enough to use them in nhra and thousand dollar race motors...than i think is good enough for my civic lol!

93eg93

5+ Year Member
I'm glad I did my oil change and tranny fluid change. The motor oil was not looking good. as far as the tranny fluid, it was filthy!!! I also changed the tranny seal and it stopped the leak..

I also added some Lucas Oil Stabilizer. I want to see if it will give me reliable performance or better gas milage. So far 28 MPG's.