B16a2 swap

hondarc51

I currently bought a b16a2 from a 99 civic si. My 97 civic dx still has its stock d16y7. Can I use existing motor and transmission brackets and mounts?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You're better off I think going with aftermarket mounts, and pretty sure you'll need one or two of the Si's mounts if you don't get a kit.

Search is your friend :thumbup:

hondarc51

I will pick up aftermarket mounts. What about the brackets? My new b16 didn't come with the brackets that attach the motor to the mount

aaronbrooks1989

yea youll need axles, motor mounts, shift linkage, ecu.....and possibly the catalytic converter from an si not sure about the last part.

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the stock mounts will work, but you have to have the rear t bracket for the 99 si. and obviously b series shift linkage and proper ecu

hondarc51

Perfect. I have the 99 si rear t bracket. I have 2 si ecus and the shift linkage. Looks like it's going to be plug and play

yevangelis

eg ek ek
you will only need the rear L bracket (sounds like you got it) and Driver side post (if it didn't come with it as you say) like this one; http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-SERIES-B16-B18-B18C-B16A-SWAP-POST-MOUNT-HONDA-CIVIC-96-98-99-00-EM-EK-EK9-EM1-/400497214551?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d3f7e8457&vxp=mtr

tranny mount is same if you had a manual

i would not get solid mounts if its a daily, they vibrate something stupid

you will have to physically wire in the downstream O2 sensor since the ecu is obd2b (yours has both O2s wired into the engine harness whereas obd2b (and obd2a vtec) have only the upstream in the engine harness, the downstream goes through the floorpan into a body harness which then plugs into the ecu). so you could use an obd2b body harness but then you'll have to do a climate control swap.

hondarc51

Can I use my stock dx d16y7 engine harness? And just wire in vtech and knock sensor to my ecu? I plan on using a p28 chiped ecu with obd adapter. And when emission time comes, swap ecu to a stock 99 si ecu with obd adapter to fit my obd2a harness

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's amazing that you're the first person to ask these questions....

if you literally type in your questions in a search bar, you'll get all of your answers. You're making it harder for yourself to get the info you need.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Can I use my stock dx d16y7 engine harness? And just wire in vtech and knock sensor to my ecu? I plan on using a p28 chiped ecu with obd adapter. And when emission time comes, swap ecu to a stock 99 si ecu with obd adapter to fit my obd2a harness
Yup it will work.

it's amazing that you're the first person to ask these questions....

if you literally type in your questions in a search bar, you'll get all of your answers. You're making it harder for yourself to get the info you need.
^ This. Make sure to search the forum as these questions have been answered before for sure.