B16A2 Turbo Parts List - Need Other Opinions

StuG_Lyfe

So that's pretty much universal fit for any b series?

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not b series necessarily, it made for 96-00 civic body so it uses the hole on the passenger side behind the headlight to route the piping. B and d series are almost in the exact same spot for the intake and throttle body so it will fit the same basically. Not saying that kit will fit perfect but it will be pretty close

StuG_Lyfe

Easier to modify to fit than a universal kit then. Gotcha. Have run into a potential issue with my choice in turbo. Turbo I bought is a 16g td05h off an evo iv. It is a twin scroll turbo. Is this going to cause issues with my manifold not having a twin flange? Again I don't really want to spend over 400 on a turbo (which is why I'm cobbling together a setup from factory turbos.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
The Evo IV and up have the weird twin scroll off center flange. Wish you would of said what car the 16g was coming off of. That is why they are so cheap, because you have to have a custom flange made. The first gen Evos (1,2,3) have the traditional MHI DSM flange like on the 14b.

StuG_Lyfe

Finding parts for the first gen can be a little tricky though. Kinda sucks to hear that the turbo's gonna be a pain to use now.... I know I've been in contact with Xpl0d3r through PM. Might just cut my losses and pick up the turbo stuff he's selling

StuG_Lyfe

Gonna sound like kind of a dumb question (been asking a lot of these recently) but is a T3/T4 60 trim hybrid turbo too big for what I'm aiming for? The price is right to pick one up but I don't want an oversized turbo considering I'm only looking to hit 250hp

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What ar housing is it? I have a t3 60 trim .42 .48ar and its rated for 350hp but good for about 300hp max, with a .42 .60 it will give you a little more top end, I make full boost of 8psi by about 4300rpm

StuG_Lyfe

Turbo is .48 A/R. Also supposed to read as a 50 trim turbo as well. Knowing it's only a 50 makes me think it'll actually be pretty good for spool time

StuG_Lyfe

The big thing for me was not overpaying (or my definition of overpaying) for a turbo. I had a bunch of local people tell me I needed to drop around 1600 dollars on a turbo by itself in order to hit my power goals. If I can make the power I want with a used turbo (factory or aftermarket) for infinitely less money why wouldn't I?

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can get a turbo that supports 400hp for less than 1000$, if I remember right greg at goautoworks has a bullseye turbo made to their spec that supports 350-400hp and its around $800, you might spen 1200-1600 for a ball bearing gt turbo though

StuG_Lyfe

It's not that I'm opposed to spending money, I just don't see the reasoning for it if I'm only shooting for 250-260 whp. When I do my LS/VTEC build I'll be buying a Precision TA6266 or PT6262 for my turbo. I'll let you guys guess what kind of numbers I'm shooting for

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why not just buy a mid sized twinscroll turbo? Im sure there are 500whp capable twinscrolls that still get full boost before 5000 rpm, then your not buying two turbos. Didnt you say you wanted 350-400 with the lsvtec?