B16a2 turbo???

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
Hey I wanted to start looking around for parts to do a turbo kit. I decided not to buy one of the greddy kits or any of that other stuff. I want to build my own custom tirbo kit. I know this is probally a noob question and I am sorry for asking, but is there a list somewhere that tells me EVERYTHING I need to get in order to do it myself, like all the parts I need etc... Thanks Again.

bizak

this is how i started my D16 project with the help of turbod16 forum. which applies to everyone that wants to go turbo.
Must have:
Turbocharger
Turbo Manifold
Down pipe
Oil Feed and Oil Return Lines
Wastegate (Only if turbo isn’t internally gated.)
Charge piping
Blow off Valve or BOV
Bigger injectors
Some sort of fuel management (Hondata, AEM etc.)
Couplers
Hose clamps
Miscellaneous studs and bolts
Spark Plugs

If you are going to abuse the car, i would suggest new pistons, rods and bearings for your block.

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
Ok, thats cool. I was thinking about buying a spare block like a B16a instead of the a2 and then build it up and just swap everything when I have all the parts and it was ready to be put on.

JLB1615

5+ Year Member
Turbo, turbo manifold, fuel rail and injectors, get a good bov, oil feed lines, oil return lines, intercooler, piping, gauges, gaskets, wastegate, boost controller, turbo timer, fuel pressure regulator, oil catch tank, and set a good chunk aside for a PROPER tune. Im sure I have missed some things. But honestly it would be worth while just to buy a kit it looks expensive but you will be more satisfied for sure. And I was always told that when you start to get into putting a turbo on your car you should have the extra money aside for a new engine. You never know what could happen. Also if your engine is older I would look into changing out the internals if you build it you should do it right the first time. IT SAVES MONEY! Good luck though

bizak

Remember that the more power you want to make the more money it will cost you . Plus if it's going to be your dd car I would suggest to not go more then 250whp.

JLB1615

5+ Year Member
Well I don't know about keeping your whp down.... I mean there are dd's that have 300+ the main thing to watch with being reliable is your psi which you should keep it between like 8-12 would be good but once you start shooting for those 20's and things like that you start putting lots of stress on the engine. 10psi on a b16 that has been properly built should get you on up there in the hp range but that all depends on your set up and tune. Just don't be too cheap if you are being serious about a turbo setup.