B16a3: P28 vs P30 ecu - what's the diff. Help

CiViC_eK24

I have a p28 ecu for my b16a3 and I was wondering
if I should get a p30 ecu and will it make a difference
because I don't kno if there us a difference between the two
help!!

DoblTke

CiViC_eK24 - okay, you and me are in same boat.

Alot of your questions you've already asked, I have!!! YAY!!! Finally after countless threads i've read, and a couple hours of my day so far. i finally sign up.. and find one of the questions in another search, but no answers. :(

Ergh, the internet is wonderful! But so.. ergh, aggrevating at the same time. I've been on this site, and civic-eg, and hondaswap.com.. but i still have questions!!!

My question for you, have you figured this one out yet?!

DoblTke

wait, obviously there is a difference, otherwise, why would they be two different numbers right?!? Soo.. then the question should be.. what IS the difference?!

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
the p28 is from 1992-1995 Honda Civic EX/Si / del Sol Si and 1992-1995 Honda Del Sol Si/Civic Hatchback Si/ Civic EX and the p30 comes in the 1992-1995 Honda del Sol DOHC VTEC EG/SiR. the only diffrents that i know of is the the p28 is a sohc ecu and the p30 is a dohc ecu...thats all i know.unless they control how much gas is sent and the rev limeter are diffrent so guess thats all i know

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get the ecu that matches your engine. A p28 will let your car run, but it won't run to it's full potential. Unless, the p28 is chipped for your engine. But still, get the p30.
P28=soch vtec
p30=dohc vtec