b16b swap. please help

civic518

5+ Year Member
ok so im new to this site so if theres already a thread about this im sorry

i recently ran into a guy selling his b16b motor for 50$
he says it has a bad sleeve...

first i wana kno if tha is a job that i can do by myself?
or should i send it off to a mechanic?
and if i do do it by myself, what would be the best sleeve to put in..

and the other is i wana kno what exactly do i need to drop it in my 95 civic eg?
wha trans would be good wires etc.

its my first swap due to my stock d16z6 bein blown up =[ i need a bottom end for it but its been givin me problems since i bought the car so im upgrading to the b16b

please help
thanks

knuckk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
b16b motor for 50 bucks huh?:shock:

its def. f**kedd up then

civic518

5+ Year Member
b16b motor for 50 bucks huh?:shock:

its def. f**kedd up then
thas wha im thinkin, but im not sure if i should go along with it.
my boy checkd it out n he works at honda as a mechanic n he says he can do the sleeve. i just dont kno if all the other sht is gona be hard to get or not

knuckk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just the block or the head and block?

civic518

5+ Year Member
please help
at least tell me some good parts to get to finish the swap n to make it a good engine

ragedeep

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dunno about that, depends on how much the shop work would cost you, + whatever else you need to swap it into your car, im about to replace my z6 also and later on i think ill go b16 or ls, so add up your numbers and see if its worth it, and doing it yourself depends on the time and skill you have, search and see

civic518

5+ Year Member
dunno about that, depends on how much the shop work would cost you, + whatever else you need to swap it into your car, im about to replace my z6 also and later on i think ill go b16 or ls, so add up your numbers and see if its worth it, and doing it yourself depends on the time and skill you have, search and see
im gona drop it off at a friend of mines house n hes gona do the one bad sleeve for me n check if thers anything else wrong with it, all that for $100 jus cause hes a good friend

other than that, any other part tha i might need ill put in myself n any part i buy either aftermarket or not ill add it to my page so u see

red92gsr

Old Guy
5+ Year Member
A b16b you sure because thats a civic type R motor but anyway a honda tech cant do a sleeve i had my B17a resleeved and unless it already has dart sleeves or some aftermarket brand you cannot to my knowledge replace a factory sleeve and its something a machine shop would do your best bet unless you got the money is to buy a complete swap it will save you money and your mind in the long run

civic518

5+ Year Member
A b16b you sure because thats a civic type R motor but anyway a honda tech cant do a sleeve i had my B17a resleeved and unless it already has dart sleeves or some aftermarket brand you cannot to my knowledge replace a factory sleeve and its something a machine shop would do your best bet unless you got the money is to buy a complete swap it will save you money and your mind in the long run
thas wha im hearin from some ppl is to jus to a complete swap. but for now, since its only 50$ ima buy it just to f**k with it u kno? its not tha much of a loss since its only 50. but from my knowledge im pretty sure the b16b im lookin at is completely stock..so does tha mean i cant resleeve it?

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honestly, even if we answer your answer correctly I doubt you're going to understand what we are talking about.

civic518

5+ Year Member
Honestly, even if we answer your answer correctly I doubt you're going to understand what we are talking about.
well honestly, how about someone else answer it besides u since i wont "get it"
im new to the honda scene n need a lil help, if ur not gona give me the help then jus dnt post to my questions.
thanks

red92gsr

Old Guy
5+ Year Member
if its a b16b or a b16a for 50 bucks for a long block isnt bad the crank and head are worth alot more than that and you get the experience on whats involved go for it the worst thing that can happen is you sell the parts and make money good luck

civic518

5+ Year Member
if its a b16b or a b16a for 50 bucks for a long block isnt bad the crank and head are worth alot more than that and you get the experience on whats involved go for it the worst thing that can happen is you sell the parts and make money good luck
can i have it?

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if it's the b16b it is a type r civic. $50 is still cheap as hell and blown or not i would get it (that's just me though). personally if i got it though instead of going back to factory specs i would just build it, the motor is going to be torn open anyways. if you don't want to do that just take off the head and get a integrea ls motor ($400-$600) and go ls-v. there's so many posibilities that are worth more than that $50 depending on what is still in good working condition on the motor. if you want reliablility though, i would shell out the hefty $2.5k - $5k for a complete swap and be done with. if you don't want to hassle with trial and error and posiibly end up spending alot of time and money then just get a complete swap. as for the other parts you would need to throw this motor in, honestly you would probably break even if not spend more than a complete swap (depending on how bad the condition of that motor is in). if you have to ask what you can do to the motor then i'd just have a tuner shop look at it. if you have to ask, then you shouldn't do it by yourself unless you have the patience and money to redo it later on. hope that helps a little.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if your gonna buy it rebuild the bottom end...