B18 and tranny.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can not reuse anything really except maybe your exhaust and parts of the engine harness

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It has been done but but you would probably be disappointed.

Edit:
Didn't know it was a 05 EX.

Khafka23

Ok, thanks. What would you suggest that I do with a couple grand budget. I want to beat all the douche mustang drivers in my town (they're everywhere). Ive been looking up engines that I can afford, but I still don't know whats practical for me.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sell it and get a 5th/6th gen. That's what I'd do anyway.

Khafka23

Well, im actually looking at trading my 85 thunderbird (worst car ive ever ownded) for a 98 civic ex.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What would you suggest that I do with a couple grand budget. I want to beat all the douche mustang drivers in my town (they're everywhere).
Save your money, get a car with real power, something in RWD configuration.

Khafka23

So I have to share this story. I own a 85 ford thunderbird elan. I didn't pick this car by choice and Ive been wanting to sell it or trade it. Since I happen to have access to an engine, I was considering finding a high miled civic that the body was still intact. That way I can drop in the low miled engine and have a decent ride for cheap. Well, after a little searching I found a small car lot that had a 98 civic EX with 180k miles on it. The interior was dirty but not shredded, and the hood and front passenger fender had dents but no rust on the body. The car has the same engine that I was looking to drop into it so it was going to be a fun project for someone as noobish as myself.
So I called the owner of the lot and explained that im looking to trade and ask him what he wants for the car. He tells me 3 grand. I told him that was a little high. He seemed interested in the trade and told me he would meet me in person to talk about it. However, when we met he instead preceded to act very angry, and told me he was offended that I said that his car wasn't worth 3 grand and what makes me think my car is worth more (which I never said it was). He was acting so crazy I had to just leave.

haroben

if you have a couple grand, pick up a used k24 and swap that into it, i just picked one up for 300$ haha, needs some work but nothing major, add that to a 6 speed from and rsx-s and you got a fast car, in the process of doing this build myself

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you have a couple grand, pick up a used k24 and swap that into it, i just picked one up for 300$ haha, needs some work but nothing major, add that to a 6 speed from and rsx-s and you got a fast car, in the process of doing this build myself
DC5-S transmissions are expensive. That is if you can find one. AFAIK, they're not exactly a dime a dozen like D and B-series parts are.

And "fast" is subjective. To me, a k24/6spd isn't fast at all.

chrissharpe

It's not legal for one and two it's cheaper and more practical to do a k. The only b series 7th gen I've seen is a show car for skunk2 or aem or something

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
legality depends on where you're located. You could do one here in Texas without issues. California is a different story.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Man, location is everything!...... where I live there is no emissions, you arn't supose to pass inspection without a catylitic converter, but the people are that lieniant that you can get away with anything! I could drop a turbo deisel into a miata ( I wouldnt do that, but it's just for a comparison) and still pass no problem!