b18 boost question

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im about to get a b18b in my civic and i was plannin or going for about 225-250 hp for now. just wondering what i need to do fuel wise to get that done.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
some 550cc injectors, a fuel pump, and a pressure regulator. some sort of fuel tuning, either an afc, chipped ecu, or programmable ecu

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some 550cc injectors, a fuel pump, and a pressure regulator. some sort of fuel tuning, either an afc, chipped ecu, or programmable ecu
550s for 220hp? save some money and get DSM 450s, they are good for 300

keep your stock fpr

get a chipped ecu and have someone tune it for you, 220 is EASY to hit with an LS motor

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

keep your stock fpr

get a chipped ecu and have someone tune it for you, 220 is EASY to hit with an LS motor
:wstupid:

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

keep your stock fpr

ok i will pick up some 450cc injectors and get an obd1 ls ecu chipped. im just looking to peice together sumthing thats not too expensive right now and upgrade later. still gotta get my motor in and get my kit but i cant wait. will i need to a resistor box too for those injectors?

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i will pick up some 450cc injectors and get an obd1 ls ecu chipped. im just looking to peice together sumthing thats not too expensive right now and upgrade later. still gotta get my motor in and get my kit but i cant wait. will i need to a resistor box too for those injectors?
you could throw together a kit on the cheap if thats your hp goal. hell, a $70 used t3 will get you there easy. throw together a log mani, ebay fmic, ebay bov and WG, you got a solid setup for cheap :thumbs up

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well im looking at some stuff and right now what im looking at is about 1 grand for the stuff im getting. im looking to borrow about 5k to spend on motor and tranny and boost. im still figuring up numbers and stuff to see how much this is going to be. im only going for those numbers now but i def plan on upgrading later.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive been looking for a used kit on here but they sell pretty quick. if anybody has one they want to seel hit me up

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

keep your stock fpr

he said "220 for now". im assuming he will be building more power later so why not prepare for that :what:

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he said "220 for now". im assuming he will be building more power later so why not prepare for that :what:
thats what everyone says, although probably 1 in 50 actually make more power than the 450s can handle. you can get DSMs for $50, when its time to upgrade he will be able to sell them for the exact same amount. its not going to change the bottom dollar in the long run, even though most likely he wont need more than the DSMs anyways

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whatever i make with my setup is what im going to stick to for a while cuz i want to make surer everything is paid off before i do anything else

ryanM

thats what everyone says, although probably 1 in 50 actually make more power than the 450s can handle. you can get DSMs for $50, when its time to upgrade he will be able to sell them for the exact same amount. its not going to change the bottom dollar in the long run, even though most likely he wont need more than the DSMs anyways
you can get them way cheaper than that, only honda guys sell dsm injectors for that much, go on dsm forums and guys are usually throwing them away. i got mine from a dsm guy that i know for $10 and i bought him lunch at mc'd's

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can get them way cheaper than that, only honda guys sell dsm injectors for that much, go on dsm forums and guys are usually throwing them away. i got mine from a dsm guy that i know for $10 and i bought him lunch at mc'd's
haha nice

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true, ive bought a total of 7 sets and on average i pay $35. BUT, through the forums you are most likely going to pay about $50

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have you guys heard anything about the drag turbo kits? i found one for a pretty good deal.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they are great turbo kits. if you feel its a good deal then go for it

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i found another one and im gonna try to get it for around 1k. hopefully the guy will let it go for that haha. its a t3/t4 hybrid with a t04E compressor. Compressor wheel Trim - 50, Compressor Housing A/R - .50, Turbine Wheel - Stage III, Turbine Housing A/R - .63 , manifold, IC and piping, 38 mm ebay wastegate, xs power h-rfl BOV, boost controller, oil lines, and the BOV adapter for the charge piping.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was just checking with a shop to see how much they would charge to tune it and they wanted to know what engine management i was using and i was like crap i knew i forgot something :smackself:
what do you all recommend for that? something like an apexi neo or SAFC?