b18 idle problem help!!!!

jessye08

ok i have a b18a1 out of a 91 integra that im swapping into my 95 hatch ive got everything finished just having a lil trouble with the idle. when i start it up it rev back in forth from 1000rpm to 2500. also when i hit the throttle it doesnt rev up unless i do it while its idleing up to 2500. it6s got me and both of my instructers at school puzzled i checked the tps and its good and swapped the idle air out for a different one and it still did the same thing. im running it off of the p28 i ran my d16z6 on somone on a different forum said it would work just throw a cel because it cant find v-tec. any help will be greatly appriciated.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
First I would get the correct ECU... from what I've heard, it will not run very well unless the ECU has also been chipped with a modified basemap.

Also check for vacuum leaks around the manifold, etc... but I really think you should just get the correct ECU..

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like a vacuum leak to me. check all your vac lines, gaskets, etc. i had the same issue a few weeks ago turns out i knocked the fuel pressure regulator line off when i changed my serpentine belt. have you taken your intake manifold or throttle body off lately?

jessye08

yea i checked all the connections by sprayin ether around them and they all checked out ive done some research and im thinkin it might be the fitv cuz i havent blead the coolant system yet and its a little low also anyone else think that might be it

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for starters your running a obd1 ecu with a obd0 motor. You should have picked up a new ls from an integra. Also, did you use a hydro trans or did you do it ghetto and run a cable

jessye08

yes i know its an obd0 engine thats why i got a new distributer and alternator and i used the injectors off of my d16 and yes i used the cable tranny but i made my own bracket so i can use it just like the hydraulic one couldnt tell it was cable unless you were realy looking.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, but you are still using a obd1 ecu that is programmed for a z6. You need to chip the p28 ecu and have a map for the ls put on there

jessye08

i have a chipped ecu orderd just using this one till it gets here a highly reputable person on another thread said the p28 would work it would just throw a cel cuz it cant find v-tec. i also searched this forum and others and everything is pointing to the fitv because its controlled by coolant and i just put coolant in it and havent blead all the air out of the lines. thanks for all the help

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, im not going to argue with you, but you need the correct ecu. running a stock p28 is going to cause problems. If you choose to be a dumbass and use the wrong ecu then i hope your car starts to detonate and self destruct.

The P28 map on your stock ecu has different timing and fuel trims than the motor needs, therefor, its going to run like s**t.

jessye08

ok man you dont have to be a dumbass i just said i have one orderd no one is arguing with you and i asked for help not somone to be a prick.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok man you dont have to be a dumbass i just said i have one orderd no one is arguing with you and i asked for help not somone to be a prick.
so then basically you came on here to ask a question you already have the answer to. You asked the question, i gave you the answer. Not my fault your a retard and cant comprehend basic tuning 101

jessye08

i guess your to stupid to read because i said i have one orderd and no i didnt know what i had wrong but i had an idea of what it was just wanted a second opinion and i was right the car runs fine now that i got all the air out of the coolant lines guess your not as smart as you think you are.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess your to stupid to read because i said i have one orderd and no i didnt know what i had wrong but i had an idea of what it was just wanted a second opinion and i was right the car runs fine now that i got all the air out of the coolant lines guess your not as smart as you think you are.
keep driving your car with that ecu then come back here to b***h and moan when your s**t blows up. I guarantee there is already damage from detonation and its probably got some pinging. But what do i know, im just the guy who builds motors :what:

jessye08

i dont care what you think the car runs great doesnt detonate or ping ive had two mastertechs look at it and they didnt see any problems either but you think what you want. Thanks to everyone else who wasnt a prick

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont care what you think the car runs great doesnt detonate or ping ive had two mastertechs look at it and they didnt see any problems either but you think what you want. Thanks to everyone else who wasnt a prick
lol @ mastertechs. I doubt you even know what detonation and pinging are.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not trying to be a prick but your original post states that you have idle and throttle issues. and now it runs great? im confused :what:

jessye08

i realy dont give a f**k what you think dude and yes i know what ping and detonation is and yes i did have idling problems but i figured out what was wrong and fixed it and it runs good now just got the new chipped ecu in today and thanks jersey for not being a prick i hate when people get on threads and start talking s**t because thay think there smarter then everyone else it gets realy old.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i realy dont give a f**k what you think dude and yes i know what ping and detonation is and yes i did have idling problems but i figured out what was wrong and fixed it and it runs good now just got the new chipped ecu in today and thanks jersey for not being a prick i hate when people get on threads and start talking s**t because thay think there smarter then everyone else it gets realy old.
i hate when people get on forums and ask questions, then argue when they are given answers. I deal with kids like you all the time :roll:

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is why I hate people with motor swaps. If you are gunna do it, do it the right f**kin way or don't do it at all..

Stick with your stock motor and you wouldn't have these said problems now would you?