b18 in a 90'

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you think its possible to do a b18 in a 90' civic hatch and keep ac? if so how much do you think a shop charge?

im thinking about that as a new project, the wrx blew the hell up on me and i need something cheap, sorta fast, and able to autox.

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what blew on the wrx?

kylerealsi-r

ef know it all
5+ Year Member
yes it is possible.

here is your shopping list:

90-91 integra that has been preferably rear ended or t-boned
->from this car you will want to get alot of stuff. engine/trans/ecu/axles/engine harness. if you are planning to autox you should grab the brakes from it as well; just get hte entire front knuckles and the complete rear trailing arms. do NOT cut the ebrake cables.

if you want more info on the brake/suspension swap just pm me. i can tell you what pieces to use and not to use so the car will align right.

to make the b18a fit into the ef you will need to buy a hasport mount kit, shift linkage, and a/c bracket. from there just go at it like the instructions that come with the mounts say to do.

if you are going to pay someone to do it i would figure around 5-600 for a nonvtec bswap into an ef is the going rate at most shops.

do it yourself and save that for fun stuff.

1999CivicEX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a honda swap book laying around I will look in and see what it takes.

You blew up a wrx?

kylerealsi-r

ef know it all
5+ Year Member
1999CivicEX said:
I have a honda swap book laying around I will look in and see what it takes.
it takes a mount kit and a shift linkage.

you will also hav to remove the front mount bracket on the crossmember and dent in the driver frame rail to clear the alternator pulley.

honestly-this is what it takes, you don't need a book.

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i ended up getting a 90 integra with a b16 swap already done, it only had 30k on the swap.

the wrx's tranny craped out on me and i couldn't afford the repairs so i had to sell it