B18 swap in ek, harness help.

99LsHatch

I've got a 99 honda civic dx, it has a b18 swap from a 98 integra Ls. It currently has the stock DX harness in it, it runs like complete s**t and i've been told by numerous people its probably my harness because it has alot of cut/dangling wires.

Question is, which harness can i use? I know people recommend the ex/si harness which i don't know why because the si harness has a bigger dizzy plug then my dizzy. Can i use other harness's? The car has a obd1 conversion harness to p75 ecu.

And yes, i searched.

Rich-PMS

Registered VIP
you wouldn't want the EX/SI harness because it's a Vtec harness and the LS is not vtec

the distributor plugs are the same for each OBD whether it's vtec or not.

EKHatchB18B1

you wouldn't want the EX/SI harness because it's a Vtec harness and the LS is not vtec

the distributor plugs are the same for each OBD whether it's vtec or not.
ex/si is pretty much plug and play tho thats why its better just dont plug the vtec plugs in... on d16y7 harness u gotta convert 3 wires to 2 wire..... look at new thread i started.... it shows everything me and friend did

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not just run a LS wire harness?

slwrthnu

Car Ramrod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the IAC is probably running on 3 wire instead of two.. same with crank fluctuation sensor.. check them and see if the the plug has a two wires running through it or three. Then let me know.

EKHatchB18B1

the IAC is probably running on 3 wire instead of two.. same with crank fluctuation sensor.. check them and see if the the plug has a two wires running through it or three. Then let me know.
not the problem if using d16y8 harness the iac and ckf sensor are already 2 wire...

Rich-PMS

Registered VIP
I'd HIGHLY suggest emailing someone from Rywire.com

they know everything about anything to do with Honda harnesses.

Zerovandez

5+ Year Member
Any CEL? Check that you haven't plugged the TPS plug into the MAP sensor and vice versa. Those 2 plugs are the same I believe and easily mistaken for one another.

slwrthnu

Car Ramrod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not the problem if using d16y8 harness the iac and ckf sensor are already 2 wire...
Um I don't know then because that is one of the most common mistakes I've seen. And I'm not there to look at it so I have no idea.

EKHatchB18B1

Any CEL? Check that you haven't plugged the TPS plug into the MAP sensor and vice versa. Those 2 plugs are the same I believe and easily mistaken for one another.
ill check that out.thanks for the ideas man this swap is making me rip out my hair my hatch has been down for 2-3 weeks