B18A-B vs. B20B

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what are u goals ?? they are both great motors

94_riceburner

5+ Year Member
well just a nice affordable swap doesn't have to be super fast. not really going for boost just dont want mini mes anymore

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b20b

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, if you don't plan on crazy amount of boost later on. The b20 is a good torque monster.

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they are both pretty cheap. Besides the motor itself, they pretty much use all the same parts, so they are pretty close in price. You can probably find an LS for a little cheaper. However, b20s are faster then the LS. If you can wait a little bit, my friend might be done with his LS in his crx by next weekend and we'll record us race so you can see the difference between a b20 crx vs. an LS crx.

jdtim

5+ Year Member
they are both pretty cheap. Besides the motor itself, they pretty much use all the same parts, so they are pretty close in price. You can probably find an LS for a little cheaper. However, b20s are faster then the LS. If you can wait a little bit, my friend might be done with his LS in his crx by next weekend and we'll record us race so you can see the difference between a b20 crx vs. an LS crx.
^^^that would be nice to see the actual difference between the motors. are they both bone stock?

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The motor themselves are stock. I have a intake/header 2 1/4 piping. He'll have at least an intake. Maybe a header, but probably wont have piping done yet.

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
An ls swap can be bought all together from a junkyard or such and a b20 will have to be pieced together.

As far as the motor though, b20 will be more fun, stock...

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I know for the 4th gens you pretty much need everything out of a 90-91 integra to run the b20. Your 94 will be a little different though.