b18a1 build help needed

hondanoob719

Alright guys just as it says in the title i need some assistence. I bought a b18a1 block off a guy on craigslist in my area just the block with the crank pully the head with no gears. So what im doing is pieceing this thing together from the ground up and make sure she runs for many suns. Haha. He said hed been running si pistions in the block, and yes they are, for higher compression. So what i plan to do is build it for a turbo set up and i kinda know the basics for it. The only thing that really got me stumped which is people on others threads saying you have to convert the obd0 to obd1. But i dont know how i would go about doing that sense im going to build it outside the car then drop it into a civic or something. Any advice would be great.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OBD0, OBDI, OBDII have to do with the ecu in the car the engine is going in. The reason is for tuning purposes.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
knowing what year car it is going into will help a lot

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blood is right. Also what area are you in and do you vehicle inspections cause that could stop you in your tracks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

hondanoob719

Well i think im going to put it into a 91 integra . I dont have said car yet but thats why im trying to build it so when i get it i can drop it in with this build. As for emissions or anything i live in colorado springs and the closest place that has emissions testing is denver.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why don't you find out exactly what car you are going to put it in and then come back and ask instead of bumping for nothing. As said, we need to know what it is going in.

What is the use of giving the information and walking you through it for one vehicle and then you need to figure it out for a completely different one if you change your mind?

Finding out what ECU right now is a waste of time until you find a shell for it to go into.