B18a1 knock sensor question...

cksnah252

Mr.Spades4o1
5+ Year Member
Ok guys I've searched and google around for this. I know LS and b20 motors do not come with a knock sensor. I just got a hold of a obd1 p30 ecu for my stock internal ls/vtec . Hooked it up car didnt wanna rev to good. I smelled a lot of fuel from the car but as soon as i rev over 5k, cel comes on. I checked the code and came up to code 23 which is the knock sensor. Now my question is that can i add my own knock sensor without tapping the block itself? For instances say, what if i bought a knock sensor, cant i just take one of the alternator bracket bolt out and put the knock sensor there instead? I would have to rethread the knock sensor to fit on the alternator bracket. Can i put the knock sensor there?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've seen it in one thread where someone had it there before but you may have a threaded hole in the back of the block already, so look back there.

cksnah252

Mr.Spades4o1
5+ Year Member
Yeah I was thinking of doing that also but nevermind I think im just going to geT hondata and disable thr knock sensor. Thanks guys for the input!

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah I have hondata on both of mine. The knock sensors they have are basically useless above 5k anyways since there are so many harmonics above there. It's basically just an "OMG my gas sucks" light. So get yourself an s100 or s300 and do it to it.