B18a1 obd0 into a obd2b chassis HELP pls

honda_mafia96

5+ Year Member
Ok well I've Ben searching the web trying to figure this out but I can't get a straight forward answer. So question is what's the best choice to do if I'm dropping a b18a1 obd0 motor in my Obd2b 99 civic ex?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's the best choice to do for what? Your question is very vague. Be more specific, and more people will chime in.

honda_mafia96

5+ Year Member
Ok sorry guys, but I recently purchased a b18a1 obd0 motor an I'm planning on dropping it in my 99ex. I'm planning on running it with a obd1 p75 ecu. I know I have to change my dizzy,alternator, an injectors but idk if the intake manifold will work? An is there any other parts I have to change?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You only have to change the dizzy, alternator and injectors depending on what harness you use. You can also always get an alternator that'll match your harness (if you have an OBD1 harness, get an OBD1 LS alternator, same goes for dizzy). If I remember correctly, OBD1 and OBD0 have the same injector clips. OBD2 are different. If you do it right, it'll go together easily. You just have to think about it. As far as which intake manifold to use... Use an OBD1 intake manifold. Would just make it easier.