b18b/a question

Team_Project_D

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hi iam not a newb or anytin its a simple question i have lol....ok here it goes....i plan to build up my ls motor to put into my ef hatch or mah g2 integra but wuts better and cheaper lsturbo or lsvtec..... i know both have downs and ups but iam looking to hit a 200-240hp range and decent tourqe byt that i mean 150-and up...which path would be cheaper and easier vtec or turbo? iam goin to be street racing but mostly wanna do soem track racing..... thanks for all your help !!!!!!!! also i want this to be my daily driver so ill be runnin low boost like 6-7 and build block slowly ne ways ya thanks for help again!!

loud3nergy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
frst of jou ned ta spel w'ight.

2nd LS/VTEC will give you the best of both worlds (b18b/b18c) because of the LS bottom end combined with the VTEC top end (your chice of head b16/b18c/b18c5) from the line.

a turbocharged LS will give you the 200hp but with lag and lower tq. although easier than the LS/VTEC (simple bolt on kit) With the LS/VTEC, to do it right and extract the best numbers, you'd need to replace bearings, rods, arms, and crank because the b18b is not bulit to withstand 8.5+ grand on the tach. Esentially the LS/VTEC will end up costing more and require more money but turbo will be laggy and will too need a stronger bottom end with higher boost levels. In the end the choice is your own. Easier cheaper Turbo or more expensive and challangeing LS/VTEC. If you end up doing the LS/VTEC, do it right. dont just slap on the head, plug the holes, and feed it oil. Bulid up the block to withstand the stress that VTEC will put on it.

Vtec is O_O

2.5 down pipe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i say go with the ls turbo .. it's cheaper and better thats wat i think .. because if you want an lsvtec your wasting a perfectly good gsr motor and a ls motor to modify it into lsvtec.. if you have a gsr motor theat runs.. swap that into your car .. that'll be best.

loud3nergy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh yeah, EF hatch with some old school JDM rims... Nothing hotter than that. 8)

Andrey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think go with boost! :headbang:
loud3nergy said:
oh yeah, EF hatch with some old school JDM rims... Nothing hotter than that. 8)
he doesn't have EF

loud3nergy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"i plan to build up my ls motor to put into my ef hatch or mah g2 integra"

I thought he did

Andrey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
loud3nergy said:
"i plan to build up my ls motor to put into my ef hatch or mah g2 integra"