B18b into 2000 hatch - Not running right! PLEASE help! WATCH VIDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

EKHatchB18B1

Please help! Just finished a swap of a B18b from a 1996 integra into a 2000 Civic hatch.

-The civic had a d16y7 non-Vtec before.
-change that to Were using a EX harness on the b18b . The B18b is OBD2a, harness is OBD2b

Start it up, it starts easily, but runs like crap. Sounds like its misfiring or not runing on all cyls. But I tried removing one spark plug wire at a time while running and it seems like each one made a difference, so that would make me believe all 4 are firing somewhat. It shakes quite a bit. Im just clueless I have no idea what to do or dont have any ideas...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the video. Its kinda s***ty but all I could get. Just click on it to play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All codes are gone except IACV code. It never threw the IACV with the y7 harness but does now with the y8 harness. Even on the D-series ECU. We havent touched the y8 harness other than extending the primary o2 sensor.

any ideas guys really need to get this car up and running good its my dd.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Check your IACV that is a common issue... Also check and DOUBLE TRIPLE check for a vacuum leak...

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All codes are gone except IACV code. It never threw the IACV with the y7 harness but does now with the y8 harness. Even on the D-series ECU. We havent touched the y8 harness other than extending the primary o2 sensor.

any ideas guys really need to get this car up and running good its my dd.
Edit: just saw this last part...

Okay so wait, why did you go to a y8 harness????????!?!??!?

So I see one problem, the y8 is vtec man... y7 is not... B18b is not vtec, there was no reason to switch to the other harness... You should be able to get the 2-1 (obd) harness, pop that bad boy in and then run your stock harness and only have to extend one wire for your IACV and that's it, the rest are plug and play......

IS your new ECU a Vtec ECU?

EKHatchB18B1

we changed to y8 harness due to its pretty much plug and play no need to do the 3 wire to 2 wire conversion on the iacv due to the y8 is already 2 wire...just leave vtec plugs unplugged and we running p75 obd1 ecu (b18b non vtec)

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HMMM Yea I have never heard of using a y8 harness... So I can't speak to that, that could be an issue. BUT if you have found info that says otherwise than it may be nothing...

I would really check your iACV and vacuum leaks... That is a very common thing...

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
we swapped iacv still had code... also hooked up vac gauge and everything was fine
Hmmmm

Okay what about reving it? I saw you started too in the video.... (which was not shitty lol, it was actually pretty clear hah)

Could be a sensor Ie: TPS or such... Do you have the Obd2 ECU? Pop it on and see how it runs

EKHatchB18B1

Hmmmm

Okay what about reving it? I saw you started too in the video.... (which was not s***ty lol, it was actually pretty clear hah)

Could be a sensor Ie: TPS or such... Do you have the Obd2 ECU? Pop it on and see how it runs
we got a obd2a ecu but no conversion harrness for obd2b to obd2a... and we might have to cheak that tps

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmmmm Yea, best thing to do is go over every freaking thing, (even vac) and see what you got, unplug, blow out the plug and plug it back in... Make sure you didn't forget a plug (We all can do that when are tired man)

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah its been 2 weeks...we ll keep at it tho gotta get it running
Oh wow.... Hey hit up RonJ on here... Send him a PM... Send him a link to this thread and he will be able to help out a TON I am sure..... He is the GOD of Honda's lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.