B18B into my 97 civic coupe worth it?

peeweezy

5+ Year Member
ok so ive looked and searched honda-tech and CC and every thread i find on swapping anything into anything is nothing but arguing. so from what i've gathered is some information for my own swap and i'm just asking for some yes or no

one of my friends is selling me a 94 B18B motor and 93 trans with clutch and axles for $200. motor has 115k.

i need the rear L bracket from a 99-00 civic si?? is that correct
i need the front tranny mount from an integra??
jumper harness for OBD2a to OBD1??
OBD1 LS ECU or can i just throw in a OBD2 LS ECU??
and apparently some splicing here or there for plugs and what not??
also im thinking of just selling the 93 tranny and sourcing a 94+ LS tranny or maybe B16 what you think??

my current D16Y7/Y8 mess is not cutting it and also is B18B swap even worth doing? later on down the road when i accumulate enough parts off the list i'm going to do the LSVTEC i originally wanted to do

i figure B18B would probably find it easier to pull this 2500lb hunk of steel than a D would. my girl has a 98 LS and it doesnt seem that bad...not as fast as i would like but quicker than my D

any other tips or suggestions? please no sarcasm or flaming i've read through enough of that searching for these answers

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ls/ vtec for the win

peeweezy

5+ Year Member
def want that LSVTEC!! if i wasnt to drop the motor in my car i would probably buy a GSR head and the golden eagle vtec conversion kit and have at it. but also want to find out what pistons and rods and cams are recommended before i even started sitting down and putting together a LSVTEC LEGO KIT

i work at a job where im behind a computer 8 hours a day and im probably going through threads 8 HOURS A DAY and still confused about this subject :P

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just get the motor in your car then get internals taken care of.