b18b1 Ls swap now my car has no power ! =[

papito203

I've recently got a 1992 civic sedan standard and stock with no motor but it has the transmission. i ordered a b18b1 ls motor online off honda motors and now the engine is in my car.

now there is no power to my car at all, nothing on the inside or out like if there wasn't even a battery in there. there is though just saying and it's charged so it's not the battery. i've checked all the fuses, re did all the grounds and still nothing. i've asked around and theres a possibility it could be the computer? but I'm not sure if that would keep the power from going anywhere? i know it might be the alternator to ?but haven't changed it until i know for sure . but please comment and suggestions of what it could be or what i should do

note i haven't started the car since i put the b18 in it. and the engine already brung the car down so low like if 2 big girls was getting a tan on my hood loll i'll b working on the suspension for now (no offense to the big girls i just need a example to say how low my civic is)

RonJ

Banned
Do the headlights, hazard lights, or horn work? Does ANYTHING electrical work?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Perhaps I'm mistaken but if the car has never been started and the battery is charged, the alternator shouldn't have an effect on electrical power.

Usually if your car is just 100% dead like that, I would guess a poor battery terminal connection. Check for corrosion and clean up both cable ends. It wouldn't hurt to test your battery as well to make sure it actually has a charge.

papito203

tomorrow's the day

thanks ronj im under the hood tomorrow i'll post up pics and say the progress i made . and there's no corrosion though on any wires

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Triple check your engine grounds, as well as your battery cables. If you have ZERO power to anything electrical (headlights, horn, radio, etc) then it's NOT the alternator NOR the ECU. The ECU only runs the motor, it doesn't effect the headlights or radio or anything.

Also check ALL your fuses. Under-hood AND under-dash.

I did a swap in my Civic, and I had the same issue (except I had headlights, radio, etc). Turns out, I forgot to put the ground wire back onto the thermostat housing. So, triple check EVERY electrical wire and ground and fuse.

papito203

so i recently replaced the 80A fuse for the battery and nothing and i noticed that my negative terminal only has one ground. is that supposed to be like that ? im appreciatinng the help btw

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you sure all your wiring is correct? like all power sources and grounds are right?

papito203

my negative battery cable is only a ground . i have to hook it up to the starter as well . is that the solution to my no power problem? .. .wiring is all there some pieces are dirty but are connected i just need to bleed the clutch get my power problem solved and i should be on the road Ls style

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Using a test light, clip the ground wire to the negative battery cable. Then, probe the positive battery terminal/cable. See if the test light lights up. If nothing, your battery is shot.

It really sounds like your battery connection isn't very good, causing no power to anything at all.