B18b1 "Parts that will pass inspection?"

civicdrvr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey everyone . Got a question...

Long:
I recently bought a 01 B18b1(obd2) to be placed in to my 96 civic(obd2).After scratching my turbo plans due to strict NYS inspection and registration. I have decided to rebuild the motor to a like new condition...but I still want performance out of the motor, but anything that is done needs to either not cause a check engine light, cause the ecu to have to be tuned(obd1) or is a parts that is easily swappable back to stock when inspection time rolls through to the pass emissions.

Short:
QUESTION: What mods can be done to a B18b1, where it will not cause a check engine light to appear.This can include internals and externals. Also parts that are easliy swappable back to stock to pass inspection.

As far I know I/h/e, so any others will be a great help to add to ideas in my head !!! thanks!!

85civicwagon

5+ Year Member
ummmm, ECU tune, higher flowing fuel sys, injectors, pump, light wieght flywheel, intake mani, high flow cat, cams, retainers, springs, head swap, theres tons of mods available

civicdrvr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't tune the ecu thats the problem. Has to stay obd2. Im trying to get the most out of the motor without an ecu swap or tune!

85civicwagon

5+ Year Member
light wieght flywheel, intake mani, high flow cat, cams, retainers, springs, head swap depends wat u wanna do to the car