b18b1 swap into 92 civic dx help, i know only basics

sofakingreat

so i have a 92 civic dx manual 4 door sedan. has the d15 and i wanna toss it and get a b18b1 because i found one for 450. I know i need a tranny, ecu with harness, shiftlinks and axles but could anyone tell me specifically what i need. Like i need this specific tranny ect. I know i need a b series tranny to fit the motor but which one exactly along with the rest. any help is appreciated. id like to go just for the swap, nothing crazy. I have looked around the site and only found general information. thanks again.

luv4honda

gettin her ready
5+ Year Member
yea i just did this swap in my 94 ex. U can use ur stock harness just grab the ecu, and shift linkage. And to make it simple grab all the integra mounts including the rear t bracket mount. Then you still need the cv axles and half shaft. Any b series trannys would work. The radiator hoses you will need too, D series are too small. Oh and good luck with the exhaust bolting up lol

95coupeEX

yeah, what he said, but as far as the exhaust, your D series cat back with bolt up if you take it to a muffler shop and have then extend it about 2.5 inches. Thats what I did for my B20 swap, and it worked perfectly, and WAY cheaper than buying a new exhaust system. You can also use the D series Injectors and fuel rail, basically all you will need is motor, OBD1 Integra LS ECU, b series hydro tranny, linkage, Integra upper radiator hose, civic lower hose will fit fine, and axles/midshaft, oh and all the mounts.