B18C EK3 project

PhatCivic

SOHC TURBO!!!
5+ Year Member
nice, cant wait to see it all put together

D-Rex

5+ Year Member
Still not sure about the color. I'm thinking about Grand Prix White, Imola Orange or Bayside Blue.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
love that color, never seen a civic that color before! goodluck on the build!

Jackiesh

5+ Year Member
Interesting project! How is it now? Any updates? You got me inspired with that. I’ve been thinking yesterday to have a project by next month. Now, I just decided to search for some sources of best parts I could have. So far, I might have some Exedy Performance Parts by next week. And, complete the others on the following. I still don’t have a specific plan of what I want to make it look like. But, since I’ve seen this thread, it would be very much pleasing to have the same thing. :D :D :D

pauleylsvtec

5+ Year Member
do you already have a set of toda spec b's or are you just planing ahead because i happen to have a very lightly used set for sale for much cheaper than when i bought them about $1100 ago. pm me if you or any one you know is intrested.

D-Rex

5+ Year Member
Interesting project! How is it now? Any updates?
No updates for now. I'm building this car with the help of some friends of mine and we have some other projectcars we have to finish first. :D I hope to get the car ready for the painter in about three months.

do you already have a set of toda spec b's or are you just planing ahead because i happen to have a very lightly used set for sale for much cheaper than when i bought them about $1100 ago. pm me if you or any one you know is intrested.
Got the Toda's already, but thanks for the offer :thumbup:

Jackiesh

5+ Year Member
No updates for now. I'm building this car with the help of some friends of mine and we have some other projectcars we have to finish first. :D I hope to get the car ready for the painter in about three months.
I'd love to see those other projects you're talking about. It would surely be cool as the one in this thread. Good luck! ;)

D-Rex

5+ Year Member
Owkee, change of plans. Going for boost! It always was my intention to stick to N/A, but due to a cancelled drag project got an offer I just could not refuse. I also have to ditch some N/A parts now :cool:

*Turbo;

Garrett T4/GT40 "Blowzilla"
compressor: GT40
.70 a/r
61mm inducer
flow: 65 lbs/min 832cfm
turbine: T4
Q-trim wheel
360* thrust bearing standard

As an option the turbo was polished and coated.

*Lovefab manifold. Custom built by Cody Loveland of Lovefab. Manifold is built for 2 tial 44mm wastegates and a forwardfacing T4 turbo, includes downpipe 4" and wastegate dump tubes.

In drag set-up;

We have to make some adjustments for my car.

*2x Tial 44mm wastegates

*Greddy Type R bov

*PWR liquid to air intercooler

Some Defi toys;

* Defi Link Control Unit II
* Defi Link Boost Gauge
* Defi Link Fuel Press Gauge
* Defi Link Oil Press Gauge
* Defi Link Oil Temp Gauge
* Defi link Water Temp Gauge
* Defi Link EGT Gauge

And finally 2x Wilwood brakebalance controllers...

The car will first be built with the stock GSR engine, so I can get a feel for the car and see how the engine is performing. At a later stadium we will install the turbo set-up and dry sump system.

Last edited:

D-Rex

5+ Year Member
I'd love to see those other projects you're talking about. It would surely be cool as the one in this thread. Good luck! ;)
Check out the following links;
First up is B16 swap in a 98 coupe : B16 coupe
Then a K20A EG hatch: K20EG
After that another B18 EK: B18C EK

And then finally we get to my car..... =)