B18C GSR question

WhiteKnight2000

FIRST!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Would a B18C GSR engine go well with a 2nd gen B16A hydro tranny? If so..will it benefit any?

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yes and yes, depending on what you're trying to do

TypeSwede

Swedish Pancakes!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the B16 tranny has very slightly shorter gearing, but in my opinion it is not as strong as a GSR tranny. it will bolt up if that is what you are asking.

TypeSwede

Swedish Pancakes!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you'd need 99-00 Si axles, and you'd be good to go. might have to wire up VTizzle depending on what car you are putting it in. that would come w/ a GSR tranny FYI... then, you would need to buy whatever broke when i came with the motor. anytime you ge ta new motor, it is always a good idea to do timing belt/waterpump ect. when you buy a motor you know nothing about. i dont know anything about that company but H Motors is awesome. There is also some company that sponsors this website, so it's gotta be legit. just be careful when you buy a motor off the intraweb. because the motor is JDM the wiring will be a little off, but if you can use the stock wiring in your car, swaps are actually fairly easy.
edit: just saw your car is an Ex: Make sure you get an OBD2 motor(Like the one you linked too), then everything will be plug and play. So yeah good luck, and if you have any Q's about your swaps ect, post 'em up.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a b16 tranny on my gsr... and i want a gsr tranny. 3rd and 4th arent doing to good.

WhiteKnight2000

FIRST!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
.....ok i hate to say it, but im just gonna say f**k it and get the B16A2...monies kinda tight right now, and im lookin to get into NADC or just some general tech college soon, so...thats my final answer.....link for the one im getting is below, if anyone see something ill need for it thats not included in the parts list there...please let me know. Thanks to everyone who put in there .2, you've all helped a lot, will keep you posted on how this goes, also once ive got it, will post prgress pics of the swap.\

http://www.jdm-online.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=41

EDIT: Unless someone knows a trustworthy site with the GSR cheap...which is probably jsut a dream lol...or at least cheaper than some.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can use the axles from an SI. i didnt mean you had to get performance ones, not for a stock engine, just make sure there in good condition. if you trust a junkyard look there. i dont have any sites saved.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b-series axels are interchangable..

you wont need anything just buy the tranny and put it on there thats it

civic_hatch2032

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You Can Try On Craigslist. Look Under The D.c. Section And Type In Gsr, There Is A Guy Selling The Gsr For Like $1,100. May Not Be What You Are Looking For But It Is A Start.

Civic EK9

5+ Year Member
The b16 tranny with the gsr motor is tha s**t but of course if you dont know how to shift correctly go with gsr.

P.S. B16 tranny is no joke when shifting correctly!